Author Topic: Pollard family help please Accrington  (Read 6854 times)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pollard family help please Accrington
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 04 November 17 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Nathan -- this is just one way of finding the particular Public Tree on Ancestry and contacting the owner;

1. Click 'Search' on the ribbon menu near the top of the screen.
2. From the drop down menu which appears -- select Public Member Trees
3 In the search box - insert Hannah Kemble, insert birth year of 1893 - insert a location of Lancashire - insert spouse name of John.

The correct tree should appear showing a spouse name of John Richard Cameron Durbin Pollard.

4. Click the Tree Name of Kemble - on left hand side.

The tree will appear

5. In top left hand corner, click the tree owner's user name PAS213

You will then be given the option to send PAS213 a personal message via the Ancestry site.

If they reply - you will receive an email from Ancestry advising you that you have received a personal message - a link in the email will take you to the site.

(Incidentally the actual marriage certificate is in date order (1914) against the list of events down the screen. You can click on this (and print it if you wish).
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Haven't read all the replies etc... just noticed the name Pollard 
So read a few and then when I saw it was Accrington, guessed it wasnt MY Pollards..

But then saw Royde Street and my OH's family lived in Royde Street Accrington.1901. number 37 - sorry to butt in :) 

;)

xin

It's a small world xin.  I live near Royde Street and my late husband was friends with two Pollard brothers, who he went fishing with.  These being Tony, who he worked with and his older brother Alan who worked as a gamekeeper until he retired to Oswaldtwistle
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Rena --- just to let you know that Lancs Family History and Heraldry Society have a small Research Centre in Oswaldtwistle --- I work there as a volunteer every Thursday. Another small world!
Places of interest;

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Rena --- just to let you know that Lancs Family History and Heraldry Society have a small Research Centre in Oswaldtwistle --- I work there as a volunteer every Thursday. Another small world!

lol, it's hard to believe that people from such a tiny area are meeting on the world wide web .
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes - and apologies for going off the original Pollard topic --- but others don't realise that Oswaldtwistle (aka Ossy) -- is the Metropolis of the North!! -- and of course it is adjacent to Accy (aka Accrington!)
Places of interest;

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 09 November 17 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Very helpful they are too. And friendly.
Cowban

Offline BashLad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 10 November 17 21:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm from accy as well. I went to school with more than one Pollard. Must've been a few knocking around.
WHITEHOUSE- Bromsgrove, WANE - Eccleston, TOWERS - Blackburn & Ribble Valley, COLLINGE - Rawtenstall, THOMAS - Penzance, Whitehaven, Haslingden.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 11 November 17 11:04 GMT (UK) »
BashLad and Nathan,

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before -- apologies if I have -- but there is a website for all things Accrington, including a Board on Heritage and History -- there is a gentleman on that site (or used to be) who spent years of dedication researching Accrington soldiers (not only the ones who sadly lost their lives). His knowledge about the subject is truly remarkable.

Hence if you have any queries about Accy soldiers in particular it may be worth your while raising them on that particular section of that site. You will need to register.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php

From the home page just tab down to see all the separate Boards on that site.
Places of interest;

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 11 November 17 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Pennines. I have several Accy and Ossy soldiers. All returned. One with malaria.
Cowban