Author Topic: Selected HOOD of Yorkshire Old WILL Summaries and ADMINISTRATIONS Only  (Read 2793 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Selected HOOD of Yorkshire Old WILL Summaries and ADMINISTRATIONS Only
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 11:16 GMT (UK) »
James Hood, Dec 1782, Scarborough

To All to who these presents shall come I James Hood in the Parish of Scarborough in the County of York ...
 ... Do this day being ye 5th Day of December in the year of our Lord One thousand seven hundred and eighty one Do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in the manner following that is to say (Imprimis) I give to my Father John Hood the sum of twenty pounds also I give and bequeath to my Brother John Hood the sum of ten pound also the rest and residue of my Goods Chattle [Chattel] and personal Estate whatsoever I give to my Sister Jane Wardale* And I make and ordain her my said Sister Jane Wardale whole and sole Executrix of this my Will in Trust for the Intents and purposes in this my Will contained In Witness whereof I the said James Hood have to this my last Will and Testament set my hand and seal the Day and year above Written, //. James X Hood his mark. Signed Sealed and delivered in the presence of // Rob Burchingshaw - William Lacy //. Pass'd Dec'r 1782

* Jane Wardale - Abraham Wardle had married Jane Hood, 1772, signing surname Wardell or Wardele.

See general NOTES in first post on this thread

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Mary Hood, July 1782, Pontefract

Mary Hood of Pontefract in the County of York Spinster made this twelth day of May ... One thousand seven hundred and eighty
 ... I give unto my Cousin Mrs Mary Andrews of the City of Bath No five West Gate ...
 ... and to the Son and Daughter of my Cousin Mr Wares who is now in England ...
 ... and to Mary Vaux the Daughter of William Vaux late of Baln in the said County Yeoman deceased ...
 ... To Joshua Rhodes of Pontefract aforesaid labourer and to his three children each of them the sum of five pounds ...
 ... To Thomas Rhodes of the same place Shoemaker and to his eight children and to each ... five pounds ...
 ... To George Hesletine of Pontefract aforesaid Mason the sum of ten pounds and desire that he will aid and assist my Executrix hereinafter named ...
 ... Also I give to Elizabeth Whiteley who now waites on me in my present Illness the sum of five pounds ...
 ... Also I give to the poor of Pontefract aforesaid the sum of three pounds ...
 ... Also I give to Joseph Cartner of Pontefract aforesaid Shoemaker the sum of Four pounds ...
 ... I give and bequeath unto my Cousin Hannah Kellam of Knottingley in the said County Spinster whom I constitute and appoint Sole Executrix ... Mary Hood
Witnesses Wm Sugden Thos Belk Pass'd July 1782

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 December 17 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Mary Hood, May 1795, Nottinghamshire

Mary Hood of Walkingham in the County of Nottingham widow ...
 ... Daughters Ann Simpson Widow and Dorothy Clayton Spinster all that my cottage Toft or Tenement wherein I  now dwell in Walkeringham aforesaid And also all those four acres of arable land be the same more or less lyeing and being in the Field of Walkingham aforesaid To hold to my said two Daughters Ann Simpson and Dorothy Clayton their Heirs and Assigns forever to be equally divided between them share and share alike to take as tenants in Common ...
 ... I give and bequeath unto my Grandson William Simpson Son of my Daughter Ann Simpson five pounds ...
 ... unto my said two Daughters Ann Simpson and Dorothy Clayton ...

Daughters appointed joint Executrix.

... 1795 Mary Hood her mark ...
Witnesses Rich'd Brook Edm'd Pearson John Betton. Seal May 1795

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 January 18 21:34 GMT (UK) »
John HOOD of York, late of JAMAICA in the West Indies, dying at Heworth, Yorkshire.

John Hood, August 1774, York
John Hood of the Parish of St Sampson in the City of York but late of Jamaica in the West Indies Merchant
 ... I give and bequeath to my own Mother Ann Harrison Widow of the City of York now residing in Lop Lane in the Parish of St Michael Le Belfrey all my Estate of Real and Personal ...
 ... two friends Thomas Gray Merchant in Aldermanbury Street in the City of London and Edward Clough Proctor of the Parish of St Michael Le Belfrey in the City of York ...
 ... bequeath to John Waugh born of the body of Ann Waugh about four years of age in the Parish of Welton in the East Riding of the County of York ...
 ... sale of my whole Estate and Effects ...
references to - interest - annuity ...
Witnesses John Atkinson Rob't Pearson John Wallis [or John Vallis] 14 September 1769

Codicil 5 November 1770 John Hood of the City of York make void the Legacy to John Waugh of One hundred pounds and be part of my Personal Estate.

John Hood, August 1774, Heworth
Ninth day of the month the last Will and Testament and Codicil of John Hood formerly of the Island of Jamaica in the West Indies late of the Parish of St Sampson in the City of York but dying at Heworth in the County of York (having &c) Merchant deceased ...
 ... and Adon of the Goods &c. of the said deceased was granted to Edward Clough Gentleman one of his Executors and Residuary Legatees in the said Will

See general Notes in first post on this thread

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 03 February 18 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Tristram Hood, Nov 1741, York

Fourth day of the month ...

The same day The last Will and Testament of Tristram Hood late of the City and province of York (having dec'ed passed the Seal of this Court Proved before ... the 19 day of July 1735) Administered by Elizabeth Hood his widow Relict and Sole Executrix in the said Will named now also dec'ed was granted to Christiana the Wife of John Hayes Daughter and next of Kin of the said dec'ed ...
The Inventory was Exhibited but Bond is entered.

-----------

A Marriage Bond survives at York

John HAYES and Christiana HOOD 16th February 1726, signed John Hays.

The index says Christiana HOOD, York St Olave was 25 years and John HAYS, York St Denys was 24 years.
York HT KC [ York Holy Trinity King's Court]

-----------

Possibly several Trustram Hood / Tristram Hoods.

Tristram Hood of South Duffield ...

zDDX31/12/32 (East Riding R.O.)
Skipwith, South Duffield and Hemingbrough
Parties:
1) Thomas Mosely of Selby Gentleman
2) Tristram Hoode of South Duffield
20th May 1723

zDDX31/12/21
Lease and Release for Land in South Duffield
Parties:
1) Markham Hadlesay son and heir of Pelham Hadlesay deceased., both of South Duffield gentlemen, and Frances Hadlesay of Hemingbrough spinster, a daughter of Pelham Hadlesay
2) Tristram Hood of South Duffield, yeoman Property: messuage, garth, close called the Shaw and specified lands in Woormfield and Mill Field Witnesses: John Gillyatt, W[?]Harrison and Peter Clarke
Date 3-4th June 1723
Former reference DDX31/120

zDDX31/12/22
Mortgage for £60 for land in South Duffield
Parties:
1) Tristram Rood [Tristram Hood]
2) Sarah Musgrave of York
Witnesses: John Green and W[?] Harrison
Date: 1727
Former Reference DDX31/121

zDDX31/12/23
Lease release and assignment of mortgage as described in DDX31/121. Description:
Parties:
1) Tristram Hood, now of Thornton, Sarah Musgrave
2) Robert Gibson and his trustee John Gibson both of Thornton
Property: as described in DDX31/120 Consideration: £60 to Sarah Musgrave and £33 to Tristram Hood
Witnesses: William Thompson, George Young and William Gibson
10-11th November 1736

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 June 18 11:32 BST (UK) »
Listed under MD 178

Reputed to be a summary of the Will of Bartholomew Wells

102:  17 November 1766. Will of Bartholomew Wells of Kilpin, Par, Howden.
To be buried as Exors think fit.
Hannah Drew, niece: my part of one house and 1 oxgang of land at Leaven in Holderness and £20 to be paid one year after my decease.
Susannah Hood, niece: £100 to be paid 1 year after my decease.
3 daughters of Susannah Hood: £30 apiece, to be paid 1 year after my decease.
If one or more of the daughters should die before they come at age the other that is left to take the whole.
Thomas Plaister, nephew: £10 to be paid as aforesaid.
Phillis Plaister, niece: £10        do.
Sarah Plaister, niece: £10        do.
Elizabeth, wife of Wm. Plaister: £10 to be paid as aforesaid
William Banks, son of Robert Banks: £40         do.
Robert Banks,              do.               : £40         do.
Jane  Wells, daughter of Mary Wells: £10         do.
Mary Banks, niece:                             £10         do.
Brother William Wells to be Exor. Further arrangements recited.
Probate certificate dated 27th February 1767.

The source, transcriber and accuracy are all unknown