Author Topic: A double life in Beverley for 10 years?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Barbaricbarb

• RootsChat Extra
  • The most interesting detective work there is!
    • View Profile
Re: A double life in Beverley for 10 years?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 October 17 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Is there a link here between the "wives" families Moreton and Roberts

In 1851 Winslow Moreton is with a Hopkins family.  The wife Elizabeth Hopkins I think was Elizabeth Roberts and wasn't Letitia called Roberts?

Elizabeth marriage 1828 to Benjamin.  Elizabeth born 1802 High Wycombe.

That links both families to the name Winslow but needs more investigation for sure.

I hadn't seen that.....................Think I'll investigate

Thanks Millepede
Girdlestone (Norfolk), <Warwick> Jones (Surrey; Essex), Anthony (Norfolk/Bucks), Moreton and Wingrove (Bucks), Brown, Hunt, Wilkes, Oakley, Cook & many more (Gloucester/ Worcestershire). Golbey, Puxty, Arnold, jones, Ballard, & many more (Sussex) McGhie (Cumberland to Kent) Weddle (Kent)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 October 17 14:00 GMT (UK) »
There was also a Winslow Page down the road a couple of miles from High Wycombe, at Hughenden. He was a blacksmith, born circa 1810.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barbaricbarb

• RootsChat Extra
  • The most interesting detective work there is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 October 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Well Elizabeth Hopkins nee Roberts is also delightfully economic with her birthplace too!
She's born in Worcester on 2 censuses (1851 & 1871) and in Bradley Warwick in 1 (1861)

She could be one of many people at the moment..........
Girdlestone (Norfolk), <Warwick> Jones (Surrey; Essex), Anthony (Norfolk/Bucks), Moreton and Wingrove (Bucks), Brown, Hunt, Wilkes, Oakley, Cook & many more (Gloucester/ Worcestershire). Golbey, Puxty, Arnold, jones, Ballard, & many more (Sussex) McGhie (Cumberland to Kent) Weddle (Kent)