Author Topic: Ambrose Edgar Edwards 1876 - 1947  (Read 1003 times)

Offline dorset901

• RootsChat Extra
  • when I'm 64
    • View Profile
Ambrose Edgar Edwards 1876 - 1947
« on: Wednesday 25 October 17 20:01 BST (UK) »
This is part of my estranged family, Ambrose was one of 5 children, he married Hannah Maria Southern at Wakefield in June 1900, and they had 3 children, the boy Percy died early after an accident, Hilda the eldest married Arnold Dawson in 1934, and failed to produce children, Mabel born 1911 in Crofton d2000, married in Sharlston 1940 to a Cyril Ward d2002, but sadly know nothing more about this union? Think they had 2 children, can anyone offer any insights??
Regards Tim.
Family History, for Roberts, Vaughan, Edwards, Slack, Fyson, Rawson, Sharp, Rea, Bedford. Millner, Freeman, and the Clayton's of Adlington Lancs.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ambrose Edgar Edwards 1876 - 1947
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 21:12 BST (UK) »
Are any of these people still alive?

RootsChat has a policy of not naming living, or potentially living, people.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline dorset901

• RootsChat Extra
  • when I'm 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 October 17 11:10 BST (UK) »
Updated as I was not sure who was who!!!!!!!!!

Are any of these people still alive?

RootsChat has a policy of not naming living, or potentially living, people.
Family History, for Roberts, Vaughan, Edwards, Slack, Fyson, Rawson, Sharp, Rea, Bedford. Millner, Freeman, and the Clayton's of Adlington Lancs.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 October 17 12:19 BST (UK) »
If you use FreeBMD, you can find children of Mabel and Cyril. ;D

Use surname = Ward.
Mother's Maiden Name = Edwards.
County = West Riding of Yorkshire.

2 births come up (1943 and 1945) in the Registration District of Lower Agbrigg; which is the Registration District that contains the parish of Sharlston.

I won't name them, as they may still be alive?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline dorset901

• RootsChat Extra
  • when I'm 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 October 17 19:28 BST (UK) »

Yes I have found them, but unable to name them on this site, so now hoping that someone can identify them for me, or better yet pass on any contact details??

If you use FreeBMD, you can find children of Mabel and Cyril. ;D

Use surname = Ward.
Mother's Maiden Name = Edwards.
County = West Riding of Yorkshire.

2 births come up (1943 and 1945) in the Registration District of Lower Agbrigg; which is the Registration District that contains the parish of Sharlston.

I won't name them, as they may still be alive?

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 October 17 21:02 BST (UK) »
 ???

RootsChat is a site for FamilyHistory; not for finding living relatives.

You can use FreeBMD to find any marriages of those children, and maybe their children.
But for contact you would be better to use FaceBook, GenesReunited, 192.com or similar?

Offline dorset901

• RootsChat Extra
  • when I'm 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 October 17 13:53 BST (UK) »
Think you have your wires crossed my friend, what else is there when a cousin is seeking a lost cousin!!!!!!! Deerrr!! Of course it is Family History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to suggest using Facebook is a no no as well, tad illegal!
And if you should know better than suggest 192, as that site has only old data on it!!

Still dont mind you removing me from this site!!!!!!!!!!!

???

RootsChat is a site for FamilyHistory; not for finding living relatives.

You can use FreeBMD to find any marriages of those children, and maybe their children.
But for contact you would be better to use FaceBook, GenesReunited, 192.com or similar?

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 October 17 14:53 BST (UK) »
Quoting from RootsChat Posting Guide:

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 29 October 17 07:59 GMT (UK) »
192.com does not have just old information.

If you belong to FindMyPast you can get information on the ER's, or you can pay for it elsewhere.

Facebook is not illegal.

Was Mabel born in 1911 or at the end of 1910.  You have put that she died in 2002, is that an exact year or just a guess?  If you get her birth certificate, then you can look for her death more precisely, as there are many women called Mabel Ward. There is a death in January 2002 in Blackburn - is that her (born 31st January 1911)

It is more likely nowadays that she will have left a will, so if you know when she died you can try and find that, download it, and look for information about her children.
There is a will for a Mabel Ward died 10th January 2002.  Worth investigating further.
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

I disagree with your assertion that looking for living relatives is family history.  If you make contact with them, you are 'living' with them, that is not history.

On a personal level, if some one who does not know me calls me 'my friend', I would find that extremely annoying in so many different ways.