Author Topic: Elizabeth McIntyre Paterson  (Read 4976 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth McIntyre Paterson
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 October 17 19:20 BST (UK) »
See Reply #12

I haven't seen the census with the McIntyres but it if they had children b Scotland it may be worth checking a child's BC to find out the mother's m/s to see if a connection can be made i.e. a reason Elizabeth was with them  :-\

Annie

1861 Census address 4,Sir Michael Street Greenock Renfrewshire
John McIntyre age 30 born Tyrone Ireland occupation blacksmith
Mary McIntyre age30 born Armagh Ireland
Thos Patterson age 26 sugarhouse labourer
Elisabeth Patterson age 24
 Jas Patterson b Greenock 7 months
Thomas McIntyre at 28 b Tyrone

No children for this couple 

Thought I had found this couple in the 1871 Census address 1,Bruce Street Greenock
John McIntyre age 30 (blacksmith house shoe ) Horse ..born Ireland note same age
Mary Anne McIntyre at 35 born Ireland
Eliza McIntyre age 9 born Greenock daughter..

There is a birth for a Eliza McIntyre 1861 Greenock so I would say this is the daughter of this couple  ???

Rosie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 October 17 15:01 BST (UK) »
What was her address on her Marriage certificate

Her address at the time of her marriage is the same as her husband's,

??? Can you tell us what that address was please & the names of the witnesses?

There's this  :-\...

Lizzie Paterson 18 Servant, b Paisley, Renfrewshire (not Greenock)  :-\
5 Stow St, Paisley Low Church, Paisley

Registration Number 573
Registration district Paisley
County Renfrewshire
ED 64
Household schedule number 77
LINE 20
Roll cssct1881_174

Others in the household all surname Percy, all b Renfrew

Francis 34
Agnes 33
Lizzie 7
Jane 5
Agnes 4
Isabella 3
Rebecca 1
Lizzie Paterson 18

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 December 19 01:47 GMT (UK) »
HI everyone.  I'm picking up the pieces again after a year and I've been re-reading your comments.  I've found a Greenock death certificate for an Ann Singleton, ms Blaikley, 1880 ae 60.  Widow of (1) John Black and (2) Thomas Singleton.  This might explain why Elizabeth McIntyre Paterson has her mother listed with the surname Black on her marriage and death certificate.  Ann died at 19 Sir Michael Street, and the death was registered by her son John Black, 27 Sugarhouse Lane. I suppose it's possible that this Ann is the mother of Elizabeth Singleton, but I don't have much to go on.  Although I've found John Black on a number of census records, I don't have enough to identify him, and I haven't found Ann on any census for Greenock.  Any thought?
Regards Sheena
(I promise I won't pack my FH away for another year)
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 15 December 19 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Can you give the details of Patersons staying with MacIntyre's In 1851 please

There was a very convuluted story in  my family involving these names
An adopted son +  2 MacIntyre children who were actually Patersons
I.ll have a look and see if dates and places correspond
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 15 December 19 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant.  It's night time here in Australia and we're going out for dinner with friends, but I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Sheena
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 15 December 19 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Jusat a thought. In an 1861 census somewhere upthread is a child Mary Anne, aged 7. Could she have had a change of name to Elizabeth at some point? Have you found her in any later records?

Edit (later) No, that won't wash.
From the (community indexed) IGI the family were
Eliza McIntyre born 24 May 1862
Mary Ann born 27 March 1864
Maria born 12 April 1866
Thomas and William born 17 April 1868
Margaret 6 April 1870
Thomas born 6 April 1872

Maybe Elizabeth was just left off the census by mistake in 1871 when the enumerator copied the schedule into the enumeration book? It can happen.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 15 December 19 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Am I right in thinking you haven't found Elizsbeth s birth records yet ?
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 15 December 19 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked the death certificate of Thomas Paterson and the marriage certificate of Mary Paterson to Joseph Bustin to see if they were siblings?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 15 December 19 22:20 GMT (UK) »
HI BrigidMac

Re the Paterson/McIntyre connection.  Census Sir Michael Street, Greenock 1861.   John McIntyre, 30,head, Blacksmith b Tyrone, Ireland. Mary McIntyre, 30, b Armagh, Thomas Paterson, 26, Boarder, b Armagh,  Elizabeth Paterson, 24, b Armagh, Thomas McIntyre, 28, boarder, b Tyrone.  The "missing" baby Elizabeth (b1862) has been given the middle name of McIntyre.  Some thoughts are that Mary MIntyre might be the sister of Thomas Paterson, and that Thomas McIntyre might be John's brother.  I've got a few ideas to follow up.

Let me know if this gives you any ideas.

Sheena