Author Topic: Re: Marriage of Michael McNany and Mary Power 1861  (Read 401 times)

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Michael McNany and Mary Power 1861
« on: Thursday 26 October 17 19:23 BST (UK) »
I am trying to obtain a marriage certificate of the above, who I believe were living in Escomb, Durham, England in the 1871 census. There are a few people researching these individuals and have specific dates for the marriage, being 9 Mar 1861. However, they do not have any source documentation. I believe that Michael McNany might be my GG Uncle. His sister Mary remarried, so I was able to establish her father as Bryan. She lived in Spennymoor, Durham, so quite possible that they are related, hence why I need his marriage cert to show Bryan as the father of Michael also. I hope that someone can help. I should say that they were illiterate, so the McNany name, may have different spellings.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 October 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
Might be this one:
FreeBMD

Marriages Mar 1861 
MCANANEY    Michael Reg District Durham    10a   296   
McAnarey    Michael   
MCENY    Michael
Powell    Mary   

Maureen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 October 17 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for that. It certainly seems a possibility and with the bride and grooms surnames being different to the ones I have, no wonder I could not find them!

Bill