Author Topic: McPherson Family 1900, Bainsford, Grahamston area  (Read 2225 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: McPherson Family 1900, Bainsford, Grahamston area
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 October 17 22:22 BST (UK) »
Im using Ancestry, but can't find any birth certificate for Alexander.... this is bad I was on a role and thought i was good at this!

The only source in Scotland for BMDs and original images of the Scottish censuses is www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk It is pay to view but the costs are really reasonable, specially when you have specific dates as you have here.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 October 17 22:31 BST (UK) »
Found the 1888 marriage now on Scotlands People. David's name for some reason transcribed only by his initial which is why it wasn't coming up in searches for me.

D McPherson married Ellen Millar in 1888 in Falkirk ref 479/1 25

Not sure if you have seen a Scottish marriage cert? It will give both bride and groom's father and mother's full names. This is really helpful always in working back to their families.

Monica

Offline No9267

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 October 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
No I haven't seen one of the scottish ones, I will have to wait until pay day for finding a bit more info then, but its great to find out so much. noooooow for the rest haha

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 October 17 23:05 BST (UK) »

His son Alexander is my Mums Great Grandad. Alexander married Agnes Liddle (Possible Naismith) in Glasgow in 1910.
They lived at Lock 5, Bainsford. After he was killed in 1916 she moved to 112  Main Street, Bainsford.

Looking at the marriage cert will help you clarify the issue on Agnes' surname. The marriage cert is indexed as Agnes Liddle. The marriage took place in the Blythswood area of Glasgow in 1910 as you have.

The marriage cert will give you full names for Agnes' parents to let you work back on her family.

Monica

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 October 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
Im using Ancestry, but can't find any birth certificate for Alexander.... this is bad I was on a role and thought i was good at this!
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.