Author Topic: Holland from Over Areley  (Read 122 times)

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Holland from Over Areley
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I hope someone may have information about the Holland family from Over-Areley in the 1600s. I'm looking for 2 connections. From a small tree listed in the Visitation of Surrey in 1662, it shows Rev John Holland rector of Holy Trinity Guildford, previously from Over-Areley. His parents were John Holland and Elizabeth Southall, and grandfather was Richard Holland of Hawkebatch, Over-Areley. This Richard is "descended out of Salop".  Does anyone know where these Hollands originated from in Shropshire? I have Holland connections with Hammonds in the Parishes of Eaton Under Heywood, and Cleobury North in Shropshire.

Also looking for a connection of Philip Holland from Shere in Surrey, born about 1720, died 1770, who I think is a grandson of  Rev John Holland of Holy Trinity mentioned above with wife Barbara Love of Gretham, Southampton.

Thank you,
AMH

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Holland from Over Areley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 17 07:22 BST (UK) »
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Holland from Over Areley
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 October 17 03:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. That's wonderful. I should be able to get somewhere now.
Best regards,
AMH