Author Topic: Eva Mary (Molly) Ellison (nee Wright)  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Crystal Marie Salkeld

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eva Mary (Molly) Ellison (nee Wright)
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 13:32 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on my great grandmother Eva Mary (Molly) Ellison (nee Wright) born 1919 registered in Tattenhall, Cheshire. Parents are Thomas Robinson Wright and Agnes (Belle) Ankers of Rose Cottage, Tattenhall near Chester.

I believe that Eva Mary (known also as Molly) Wright was a Leading Aircraft Woman in the WAAF before the birth of her daughter in 1942 who she had to give up for adoption.

She later married Charles Ellison in 1944. She is listed on her marriage certificate as being a clerk at the motor works.

I believe they had a daughter a year after they married in Nov 1945 (or their abouts)

I would love to know if anyone has any further information on Eva or any of her family.

In particular i would like to know:

The location of Rose Cottage. There are many rose cottages in the area so it is hard to find without knowledge of the family.

What were the circumstances surrounding the birth and adoption of her first daughter. And who the father may have been. Rumoured to be an american pilot (sounds too romantic to be true??? maybe)

Did her family know about the baby that was given up for adoption?

What did she do in the WAAF?

Where was the motor works located?

What was her life like with Charles and what did she do with the rest of her life.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Crystal

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eva Mary (Molly) Ellison (nee Wright)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 17 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
Doing a free search on Find My Past 1939 Register shows

Eva Wright born 1919 is in Ellesmere Port U.D. Cheshire

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:00 BST (UK) »
In 1939, Thomas Robinson Wright and Agnes and 5 other people are in Tarvin, Cheshire

Offline BoslemBoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 October 17 16:17 BST (UK) »
Two births of possible interest in 1945 and 1946. *

Given the Tarvin - Chester links you mention then the first looks to be what you're after.

BB

*Edited to removed information about people who may still be alive.

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 October 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
The birth that is needed was in 1942 before the marriage

Offline BoslemBoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 October 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Dear heatherjulie

The way the original message was worded there was uncertainty concerning the in-marriage birth.  I hope I've given help there.

1942 is much more difficult given that there were probably several* illegitimate Wright births that year, and we've been given no clue as to where in the country the event took place.

* more than 40

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 October 17 18:05 BST (UK) »
There is a birth of a Jennifer Wright mmmn Wright in West Cheshire in 1943. West Cheshire includes Tarvin.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline BoslemBoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 28 October 17 20:26 BST (UK) »
If a request for a certificate is submitted to Chester (via cheshirebmd.org.uk), clearly stating the mother's name, then if this 1943 West Cheshire birth is the wrong child then hopefully you will be told and you might not lose your money.

Offline AMA 90064

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 08 June 19 04:19 BST (UK) »
 I saw this post, and asked my father some of your questions. His father, Burton Ankers (RAF 1893-1939), was Belle's brother. He had two other brothers, George (died before age 10) and John (Jack) Ankers (died 1916 RAF). Their parents were Alice Williams Ankers and David Ankers.

My father moved to Canada and then the US in the 1950s.  He knew both his cousins Molly and Joan, her older sister.  He corresponded with Joan Wright for many years, until a letter was returned marked "deceased'.   They had a brother, Julian Wright, who was born at Rose Cottage in 1939 when Belle was 50.   My father was in Tattenhall  and visited her at Rose Cottage right before she gave birth. He didn't know too much about Molly and hadn't heard about her daughter. Joan never married, but had a son with the surname Taylor. Joan lived in Chester.

He remembers going to Rose Cottage in Tattenhall. It was just outside the main road from the village, and a little laid back from the road. He returned there in 1995, and he said there is now a bottling plant across the road from where the cottage was. My grandfather was a pilot, and we have a 1930s aerial photograph of the area. 

David Ankers ran the Sportsman's Arms in Tattenhall for several years. One of my grandfather's aerial photos was on the wall there when I visited some time ago. I have a photo of my grandparents and Belle dressed up in costume at the pub.