Author Topic: Annie lee? Birth mother?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline rob g

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie lee? Birth mother?
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi. I'm trying to find. The birth marriage or baptism of Annie lee. B.1875. Old coundon . co Durham. She wed a James Wilson. B. Stokesley. Yorkshire.  A horse dealer. I have them in 1901 census. With children. Louisa. 7. Caroline. 6. Abraham. 3. Henry. 1. And a niece. I olso have them in 1911. Census. In Bradford. With the above and 3 more children.  Susan. 10. Jack. 10. James. 3. I have tried lots of sites. To find Annie's birth parents. Names. Or a cert of baptism. And her marriage. I jumped cannot?. Any suggestions or help would be wonderful. Regards rob.
romany history, mitchell family history. Earthenware. general . And horse. I dealers/hawkers. market trading.  lancashire. cumbria. staffordshire.scotland. paternal, side. wilson. lee. burton. miller .burnside. Smith. varey. howard. Jones. Lowther. Evens. Ward. Dale.maternal, side. miller cumbria, stewert. mitchell. allan. Ireland. donaghue, Kelly. Murphy. Young. Plus many others. .

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie lee? Birth mother?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:03 BST (UK) »
You will have seen that the Wilsons are in a caravan in 1901.  Have you investigated whether Annie is related to Adam Lee (41 b Sunderland) in the neighbouring caravan?
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:06 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD shows a James Wilson and Annie Lee on the same page of marriages, Mar qtr 1892 Durham 10a 463 - have you looked into that one?
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:39 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD shows a James Wilson and Annie Lee on the same page of marriages, Mar qtr 1892 Durham 10a 463 - have you looked into that one?

Durham Registrars search facility confirms that the correct spouse for James Wilson, in that 1892 marriage, is Annie Lee.

I've looked in the GRO births index and, try as I may, I can't find any of the children listed in the original post with a MMN of Lee.

Boo

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:44 BST (UK) »
You will probably need to buy her marriage cert (if she did actually marry) to confirm her father's name and witnesses who often turn out to be family members.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 October 17 18:31 BST (UK) »
The son Abraham Wilson (born 6 May 1897) was baptised at Shipley, Yorks on 5 September 1899.

Parents: James (dealer) and Annie, of Stockton-on-Tees.

Can't see a corresponding birth registration.

Offline rob g

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I have  been poorly. I will look up your suggestions. And thanks for your time and efforts. Annie was a traveller. And had a brother adam. So I think you have the right person. If you come across anything new please message me. I would appreciate it. Thanks again for your help. Regards rob
romany history, mitchell family history. Earthenware. general . And horse. I dealers/hawkers. market trading.  lancashire. cumbria. staffordshire.scotland. paternal, side. wilson. lee. burton. miller .burnside. Smith. varey. howard. Jones. Lowther. Evens. Ward. Dale.maternal, side. miller cumbria, stewert. mitchell. allan. Ireland. donaghue, Kelly. Murphy. Young. Plus many others. .