Author Topic: Who on earth is John SHAWCROFT? (South Normanton area about 1820)  (Read 894 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Who on earth is John SHAWCROFT? (South Normanton area about 1820)
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 16:53 BST (UK) »
I have been slowly working my way through the Derbyshire Parish Records on Ancestry attempting to match baptisms and marriages from the early 19th century and fill in gaps in my own files.

I came across the following surprise today. Looking up the marriage of Samuel KYTE and Maria BOOT, July 7th 1839 at St Michael's Church, South Normanton I was hoping to find confirmation that he was indeed the son of John Kyte (1775-1846) and Jane BALL (1780-1831). Imagine my astonishment when in the Father's Name and Surname appeared John SHAWCROFT.

Any thoughts who this could be? It is known that a Jane Ball had illegitimate child(ren) before she married John Kyte.

Many thanks

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson