Author Topic: Walmsley Unitarian Chapel Photos Request.  (Read 1229 times)

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Walmsley Unitarian Chapel Photos Request.
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hello from New Zealand, I am looking for a kind person who would like to visit the Walmsley Unitarian Chapel grave yard which is off Blackburn road near Dimple in Egerton ( Its not that large from what i can see online ) and take a few photos of about three tombstones with the name Longworth on them, I have some information on these that other kind people on rootschat have helped with and that is copyed and added below.

(Flatstone&Kerbstone) In Memory of Ann eldest daughter of William and Ester LONGWORTH of Horrock Fold, Little Bolton who departed this life July 17th 1859 aged 36 years Also Ester wife of William LONGWORTH who departed this life January 3rd 1860 aged 59 years Also William LONGWORTH who departed this life April 13th 1862 aged 73 years Also John LONGWORTH their son who departed this life April 6th 1865 aged 27 years Also James LONGWORTH their eldest son who departed this life March 19th 1878 aged 43 years Also JANE youngest daughter of the late William LONGWORTH died August 26th 1901 aged 72 years [MI No 15]"
(Flatstone) In memory of Daniel the son of William & JANE LONGWORTH of Sharples who died February 20th 1822 aged 1 year and 9 months [MI No 150] 
(Headstone&Kerbstone) In Memory o Eliza BERRY who died June 12th 1885 aged 49 years Also Albert F. LONGWORTH who died Jan. 27th 1933 aged 61 years Also JANE his wife who died Nov 16th 1936 aged 79 years He giveth his beloved sleep [MI No 12] .

Lots of information on them , one persons year of death is out by ten years and is either transcribed  wrong or might even be hard to see, that one is Albert F Longworth died jan 27th 1933 but should read as 1923.
I am really interested to see what was left behind to be seen, I think i would be the first family member to see them in many decades.

David.

Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles

Offline Pete51

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Walmsley Unitarian Chapel Photos Request.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 January 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Many of my Haslam family were baptised here and I have a few burials there too. I  will have a walk over to the chapel within the next few weeks (weather permitting ) and I will look for the stones for you.

Have you read the small book referring to the Longworth family. The earliest is Adam Longworth b. 1818 in Belmont, which is a few miles from the chapel.

Regards

Pete.

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 January 18 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pete, that would be great.

David.
Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles

Offline Pete51

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 February 18 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Here are the photos.

Offline Pete51

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 February 18 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

For some reason, I'm having problems with uploading images. PM me with your email and I will send them to you.

Regards

Pete Haslam.

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 February 18 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete, Fantastic photo , sending a PM now with my e-mail address for you.
David.
Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles