Author Topic: Every One Remembered exhibit in Newcastle  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Every One Remembered exhibit in Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 November 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
In October,I came out of one of the restaurants on Grey Street after lunch, before going to see "Shirley Valentine" at the Theatre Royal and there the soldier was with the poppy leaves whirling around him.  As you say, really poignant

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 November 17 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your feedback, Mr Tibbs.  The 'soldier' was exhibited in an excellent position to attract wide attention - very close to the Theatre Royal and restaurants.  I found this exhibit very moving too.  I haven't been around that area recently I wonder if it is still there? I hope you enjoyed Shirley Valentine.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 December 17 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I was in Newcastle yesterday.  Yes, the soldier has gone now.  Christmas in full swing with the Christmas market at the top of Grey Street by the Monument and Fenwick's windows their usual marvelous design-this year, Paddington Bear.  The children love them.

And ... yes, thank you: "Shirley Valentine" was very good.
Merry Christmas :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 December 17 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hopefully, exhibit will 're-appear next year. 

I am glad to hear the children enjoyed Fenwick's windows.  Going to see this has been a popular tradition for children and adults alike for many years.  Yes, I have noticed the very busy Christmas market.  Newcastle is in full festive swing now.  My baby Grandson went to see Santa at the Sage last weekend and got a jingle bells gift. This will be a great present to play with when he gets older and starts singing.   :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner