Author Topic: What happened to Bill Kilduff  (Read 647 times)

Offline Kilduff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What happened to Bill Kilduff
« on: Sunday 29 October 17 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My great uncle William J Kilduff, Jr served in the US Army and USAF from 1940-1959. The only unit he was affiliated with I can see is the 2715th ammunition supply squadron and the 5th Air Force.  He seemed to have taken his own life and I'm just wondering if anyone knew him.  He was in Japan (Tama air field). He had a wife named Mitsue and a daughter that I would really like to find, if possible. 

Thank you,
Kristina Kilduff

Offline AncestryPete

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Bill Kilduff
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 November 17 17:44 GMT (UK) »
It appears that a William James Kilduff - born 1914 in New York, enlisted in the US Army on 25 Feb 1941 at Albany NY, he had the service number 32043143.

a William J Kilduff Jr born 1914 Massachusetts, enlisted in the US Army on 10 Oct 1946 at Fort Banks, Boston, Mass. he had the service number 20100738.  He joined the US Army Ordnance Dept possibly as a Photographer for service in the Hawaii Department.

a William James Kilduff born 8 April 1914 joined the US Army Air Force  and served until his death 10 Jan 1959, Staff Sergeant, his service number was 20100738, so he was the same man as above. He had been awarded a Commendation Medal/ribbon. He was buried at St Joseph's Cemetery, Boston, Mass.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Bill Kilduff
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 November 17 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!