Author Topic: Help clarifying an ancestor? I'm stuck and don't know how to move forward.  (Read 4195 times)

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help clarifying an ancestor? I'm stuck and don't know how to move forward.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 October 17 16:57 GMT (UK) »
There was a William HARRISON bap in Wellingore 20 Oct 1841. (See FreeREG)

His parents John and Mary had 3 kids later in the 1840s at Boothby, where they lived in 1851.

Hrmm.... I thought based on his age in the censuses i've found, he would have been born a couple years later than 1841.... it seemed like 1844-1846 is the target area.

Still, though... I do wonder how I could confirm or deny this one.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:11 GMT (UK) »
The marriage certificate  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:21 GMT (UK) »
The marriage certificate  ;)

Hrmm... the marriage cert for William Harrison's parents? Because i wouldn't think that would tell me when or where William was born, and I wouldn't be able to find William's birth cert until I know his parents names and when/where he was born.

Did that make sense?

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:25 GMT (UK) »

His parents John and Mary had 3 kids later in the 1840s at Boothby, where they lived in 1851.

Hey Geoff, I may be misunderstanding something here, but how do we know that Wellingore is significant? It looks like there are several William Harrisons born in Lincolnshire in 1841.

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:32 GMT (UK) »

Another thought... from the censuses I have that I'm pretty sure William Harrison is on, it looks like his father's name is Thomas Harrison and the mother is Ann Harrison.

Not sure if you can see this link, but this is for the 1851 census... https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/8860/LINHO107_2101_2101-0023/9898179?backurl=https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/67058037/person/170144113454/facts/citation/640361459729/edit/record

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:38 GMT (UK) »
The William born to Thomas and Ann has Wellingore as place of birth in 1851 and 1861. This falls under Sleaford reg district and there is a matching birth in 1853 in Sleaford ( also matching Sleaford entries for two siblings Henry b around 1849 and Thomas born around 1851). Boothby Pagnall comes under Grantham reg district. Only birth in right period is a William Burrows Harrison ( not William A /William Adam). Boothby Graffoe comes under Lincoln reg district. Three possible births - Sep 1843 ( mmn Limb - looks to have died before 1847 when another William Harrison /mmnLimb is recorded)) Dec 1843 (Mmn Jackson) and June 1844 (mmn  Picksley).
There is a possible match for the William mmn Jackson in Skellingthorpe in 1851 - father George and mother Rebecca ( the other two siblings listed -Thomas (age 9) and Mary ( age 11) look to have matches in Lincoln reg district with mmn Jackson).
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:39 GMT (UK) »
I mean the wedding certificate for William. You should get his father’s name and occupation which would help.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:43 GMT (UK) »
I mean the wedding certificate for William. You should get his father’s name and occupation which would help.

Yes - this is true, but first I would need to confirm which William I am looking for.

Offline HermitCedar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 30 October 17 17:46 GMT (UK) »
The William born to Thomas and Ann has Wellingore as place of birth in 1851 and 1861. This falls under Sleaford reg district and there is a matching birth in 1853 in Sleaford ( also matching Sleaford entries for two siblings Henry b around 1849 and Thomas born around 1851). Boothby Pagnall comes under Grantham reg district. Only birth in right period is a William Burrows Harrison ( not William A /William Adam). Boothby Graffoe comes under Lincoln reg district. Three possible births - Sep 1843 ( mmn Limb - looks to have died before 1847 when another William Harrison /mmnLimb is recorded)) Dec 1843 (Mmn Jackson) and June 1844 (mmn  Picksley).
There is a possible match for the William mmn Jackson in Skellingthorpe in 1851 - father George and mother Rebecca ( the other two siblings listed -Thomas (age 9) and Mary ( age 11) look to have matches in Lincoln reg district with mmn Jackson).
Isobel

Hi Isobel!

Wow - again, you come in with a lot of wonderful information! Thank you so much!

As I've said before, I am still learning a lot about this, so I apologize if my questions seem silly/have obvious answers.

How would you recommend I take the information that you just gave me and go about confirming which William is mine?

Thanks again!

Camden