Author Topic: COMPLETED - Co. Antrim cemetery recognition  (Read 2049 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Co. Antrim cemetery recognition
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 19:08 GMT (UK) »
OK
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline KBoyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 December 22 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this helps any or not, but they are in Plot# A 59 in the "New" cemetery. Also I am new here, so just incase you don't already know, there's an Islandmagee DNA project in the works to document as much info as possible for Islandmagee families. My Boyd's and Templeton's are from Islandmagee as far back as I can go. The DNA testing is through FTDNA, and they are adding as many profiles as they can on WikiTree. The project page on wikitree is here https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Islandmagee_DNA_Group_Project
and the profiles of any test takers ancestors are here https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Category:Islandmagee_DNA_Group_Project
Strangely I don't see any McCalmont's on this list as yet. But they are always adding new people/profiles. I have several McCalmont's in my tree but none that are directly related to me. Apologies if you already know about the project, just thought it might be helpful.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 December 22 21:34 GMT (UK) »
The Belfast Telegraph of Monday 21 November 1977, mentions Jame Stanley McCalmont's death in an item on road death numbers in Ulster. Sadly, he was a motor cyclist hit by a car whilst travelling on the Whitehead - Carrick road on the Saturday, outside the ICI factory at Kilroot. He died at the Royal Victoria Hospital.

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline J.A.M.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pte. Alexander McCalmont C.E.F. 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Co. Antrim cemetery recognition COMPLETED
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 December 22 21:54 GMT (UK) »
KBoyd & scotmum,

Thanks for the replies. Since my post 5 years ago I found the information, forgot to mark it completed.
James Stanley McCalmont was born 25 March 1919 - died 20 November 1977. He was cousin to John (Jack) Davis Templeton.

Keep well.

Roger
Islandmagee, County Antrim, Ireland