Author Topic: OSKAR PAJUNEN in FINLAND - Somero 1913, Lyly 1923/24 & Tampere 1930  (Read 1098 times)

Offline LUV

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: OSKAR PAJUNEN in FINLAND - Somero 1913, Lyly 1923/24 & Tampere 1930
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 10:58 GMT (UK) »
good Morning Ian & garstonite (morning where I live!)  Thank you to you both for all the help  ;D

Thank you again Ian for the look ups  ;)... I spent a lot of time last night looking at the FFHS/Hiski and figured out that the parish of birth given in those trees at MyHeritage had to be wrong for Henrik Oskar or those trees at MyHeritage that I based my assumptions on were wrong!  So I am very glad that the those family Trees appeared genuine.  Although I am still struggling with how to look up/search on those two Finland websites as the  'surnames' moving backwards are really confusing and hard for me to keep track and then of course using google translate at every turn!.

And garstonite while I am still struggling with how the 'surnames' worked back in the 1800's in Finland are you saying that this particular family, because "Ragnhild" is part of one of their daughters names, that this family was related to the Viking Royalty way back when :o

You know one of their sons (Jenny Ragnhild's brother) and the one I am the most interested in his 'canadian' name was Allen but apparently he was born Ahto Alen RAGNAIL Pajunen.  His birth was 1913 though so not a freebee at the Finnish Records.  I thought RAGNAIL sounded Viking for sure when I first saw it.

Well, like you Garstonite I have NEVER, ever in my genealogical travels gotten back to anywhere even close to this if indeed  this family is Norwegian, Viking...   I just read the two links and will follow up more  ;D 

Full disclosure though - they are not mine - but oh how I wish they were now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But this particular lineage line and tree is going to be a wedding gift.  Canada was built on the backs of so many fascinating immigrant families and so every chance I get if I can give someone their history I do it!  This particular young couple will be thrilled as so far they have Finnish(maybe Norwegian Viking  ;)), Russian, Estonian, Czech Republic, German...and that is just on his side.

With my warmest Regards and huge thanks for the hands up here
WOODAGE (East London);
SPEAR (Laneast, Cornwall);
FRENCH (Rye/Hastings, Sussex);
PERCIVAL (Downe, Kent);
JARVIS (Houghton, Norfolk);
KING (Wortham,Suffolk- Hove, Sussex);
FLEMING(Logierait & Dowally, Perthshire);
LOVE (Ireland Co.?)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 11:08 GMT (UK) »

Thank you again Ian for the look ups  ;)... I spent a lot of time last night looking at the FFHS/Hiski and figured out that the parish of birth given in those trees at MyHeritage had to be wrong for Henrik Oskar or those trees at MyHeritage that I based my assumptions on were wrong!  So I am very glad that the those family Trees appeared genuine.  Although I am still struggling with how to look up/search on those two Finland websites as the  'surnames' moving backwards are really confusing and hard for me to keep track and then of course using google translate at every turn!.

Hi
Only the Hiski site is searchable and as you know the database is not complete. The other sites I use you have to be a detective to get through them. Also I know how these books work which make looking for information a little easier.
I'm afraid the next step is to see if there are more records to be had as a member to be completely sure we have the correct family. Online trees are not to be trusted.

Ian

Offline LUV

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian

Yes, I most certainly do agree that online trees are not always accurate!
Do you know how recent the collection of birth/marriage/death or census are at Hiski ie. Do they have documents into the 1900s that would be available if I was a member?

I am going to send you a PM as I have a question.

Thanks

WOODAGE (East London);
SPEAR (Laneast, Cornwall);
FRENCH (Rye/Hastings, Sussex);
PERCIVAL (Downe, Kent);
JARVIS (Houghton, Norfolk);
KING (Wortham,Suffolk- Hove, Sussex);
FLEMING(Logierait & Dowally, Perthshire);
LOVE (Ireland Co.?)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 November 17 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi LUV

We are in business. He was born 29 May not June.