Author Topic: ADVICE on a photo please  (Read 462 times)

Offline Tshed

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ADVICE on a photo please
« on: Monday 30 October 17 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have recently found a photograph of who I'm sure are my Great Great Grandparents.  The photograph is about two inches almost square and is plate glass. It is broken in half.  I tried scanning it but of course it didn't work at all and just came out black so I only have a phone image I took of it (attached here for interest).  I really want to try and get a really good quality digital image of this photo, or even a photograph in decent environment that gives me a clear image of it.  I have found a company that would do it for £75 and wonder if anyone knows a way I could do it a little cheaper.  Somewhere in London would be ideal.
Thanks
Neil
Orme, Bethnal Green/Shoreditch
Harrison, Bethnal Green
Clegg, Sowerby Bridge, West Derby and Camberwell
Munt, Morley, London.
Dobbie, Baxter, Martin, Liddell-   Glasgow
"I am the family face, Flesh perishes, I live on"

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ADVICE on a photo please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Why it became black when you scanned it ? I think you need to play with your scanner output settings ,,my scanner HP contain an option for scanning pictures under-glass to reduce scanning flashlight so it will not be reflected to  black results..Try playing with your scanner settings until you got better scan results ..and post it here ,,note that it is better to be scanned with 300 DPI

Offline jloy326

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ADVICE on a photo please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Take a picture with a high-res camera, like a dslr. It will turn out similar to scan quality. And use a well lit room to aviod a flash reflection
If a task is once begun never leave it till it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all.