Author Topic: [REQ] Birth Lookup  (Read 655 times)

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
[REQ] Birth Lookup
« on: Wednesday 01 November 17 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone has access to NZ Birth Records that occurred less than 100 years ago, but if someone does, I'd really appreciate some help.

I would like to order a Birth printout for my children's great grandmother, who we know as "Sara Martin", but due to her being Māori, there is more than one version of the surname.  One of them is "Matene" and another is "Martinitahu".  As far as I'm aware, she was born on 28 November 1930.  What I'm hoping someone can help me out with (via PM) is what surname I should use when I request the Birth printout to ensure that I actually receive it due to it being the one she was registered under.  Is this possible?  Many thanks in advance.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: [REQ] Birth Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tikva,

The birth fiche at your nearest big library would be a good place to start and as you have the date it should be easy to find,

Cheers Janette