Author Topic: HOOKER, Ashford/Folkstone, Kent  (Read 3268 times)

Offline degenerate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOOKER, Ashford/Folkstone, Kent
« on: Wednesday 01 November 17 23:50 GMT (UK) »

Very tentative start to this.  Especially interested in Hooker around Brabourne / Smeeth / Aldington and environs.
Pailing, Palan, Palang, Palding, Palen, Palén, Palenius, Palin, Paling, Pallant, Pallein, Pallen, Pallin, Palling, Pallinge, Pallon, Paulding, Paulin, Pauline, Pauling, Pawley, Pawling, Payling, Pealing, Pealon, Peelen, Peeling, Pelan, Pelán, Pélan, Pelander, Pelin, Pellam, Pellan, Pelland, Pellant, Pelling, Pellington, Pelon, Pillan, Pilling, Pillion, Pilon, Plain, Plaine, Poland, Polin, Pollen, Pollin, Pollington, Pollyn, Powling, Pullan, Pullen, Pulleyn, Pullin

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HOOKER, Ashford/Folkstone, Kent
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 November 17 00:47 GMT (UK) »
For a general search you seem to be proposing Ashford and Folkestone started their registration Districts in 1941 which probably will not do you much good. Find out which registration District applies to the villages
you mention and you will be able to get every Hooker born, married or died from Sep Qtr onwards until the early 1980's. Use the Free BMD site on the internet.

Offline degenerate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HOOKER, Ashford/Folkstone, Kent
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 November 17 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your comments.

To clarify, I was not meaning to imply strict registration districts (of any particular era) but just the loose and broad geographical region spanned from Ashford down to Folkstone along the M20.  This might help when someone does a Google search, for instance.

In fact anywhere between the Kent Downs & High Weald down to the Romney Marshes will be in scope as this is where the majority of the branch I am interested in were located in the 18th & 19th centuries. More recently they spread all over Kent, East Sussex, Surrey and Greater London.

I already have considerable data on diverse HOOKER families in the region (including BMD records and photos of gravestones, war memorials, farms and farmlands) but it has come to the point where calling this an ONS might encourage me to work harder to link them together but also flush out anyone who has similar interests.
Pailing, Palan, Palang, Palding, Palen, Palén, Palenius, Palin, Paling, Pallant, Pallein, Pallen, Pallin, Palling, Pallinge, Pallon, Paulding, Paulin, Pauline, Pauling, Pawley, Pawling, Payling, Pealing, Pealon, Peelen, Peeling, Pelan, Pelán, Pélan, Pelander, Pelin, Pellam, Pellan, Pelland, Pellant, Pelling, Pellington, Pelon, Pillan, Pilling, Pillion, Pilon, Plain, Plaine, Poland, Polin, Pollen, Pollin, Pollington, Pollyn, Powling, Pullan, Pullen, Pulleyn, Pullin