Author Topic: Harriet Pugh, Newmarch St, Brecknock  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harriet Pugh, Newmarch St, Brecknock
« on: Thursday 02 November 17 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, wondering if anyone can help with this. I’m looking for more (any) info on Harriet Pugh, living in Newmarch St, Brecknock in 1892, listed as ‘aunt’ when registering a baby’s death.

Frederick Joseph Leigh was the 8th and last child born to Walter Robert Leigh and Mary Ann(e) Thomas - there are a number of other posts on here about Walter and Mary Ann but I’m hoping this may give me some more info on Mary Ann.

Mary Ann Thomas and Walter Robert Leigh were married in Brecon in 1876, Mary Ann’s father being named as John Thomas, deceased, coachman. I have a possible birth for Mary Ann, on 28 April 1856 at Three Cocks Rd, father John Thomas, ostler, mother Maria, formerly Evans, and a matching baptism at St Mary’s Brecon, on 16 May 1856. But I can’t find anything else for Mary Ann, nor a marriage for John Thomas and Maria Evans, nor any other children, or deaths. So nothing to 100% confirm this is her family and i thought i’d come to a dead end.

But, i’ve taken advantage of the GRO offer of £6 pdf certs and bought a number of baby death certs. Most have just been interesting (and sad) to add details to the child, but this one, listing Harriet as aunt, got me excited 😀 Walter was born in Southwark, brought up in Kent, both parents died when he was young, his 3 siblings were in Australia and Hampshire, and he ended up in Brecon with the army, so it’s unlikely that Harriet is related to him. But i can’t find anything on her ☹️ So wondering if anyone can help.....

Harriet registered both the birth and death of Frederick (Walter had died), and was present at both the birth and death (at 5 days).

Many thanks for reading 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....