Author Topic: Frederick Ribbans - m - Harriet ?? - Salop about 1830 ish  (Read 1585 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Ribbans - m - Harriet ?? - Salop about 1830 ish
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 November 17 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Just following up with this problem.
I have found a marriage in Westminster, London between Frederick Ribbans and a Harriet Williams in 1824

I now have a bapt. 3-10-1803 for a "female" Williams St.Chad, Shrewsbury, Salop d/o Owen & Elizabeth. from the IGI and wondering if anyone has access to the registers to see if there is a name. It would fit nicely if its Harriet.

Looking on the IGI I have found quite a few bapts in Salop with parents Owen & Elizabeth but nothing for Harriet.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline willyam

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Ribbans - m - Harriet ?? - Salop about 1830 ish
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 November 17 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Alan,

In FindMyPast there is an image for the baptism record that the IGI transcript that you have found is based on.

It looks as though the reason that this transcript does not show the child's forename is because the name as written is very faint on the original document.

However, FindMyPast has transcribed the forename as Cassandra - which I feel is correct.

Correspondingly, there is another transcript in IGI which does show the forename of Cassandra - although this incorrectly shows the date of birth as April 5th.

Whilst a Cassandra is not a Harriet I believe that this is probably the right child because the original entry describes her as: "the daughter of Revd. Owen & Elizabeth; Dog Lane; born September 5th".

Willyam