Author Topic: Could I have a date for this photograph please?  (Read 598 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Could I have a date for this photograph please?
« on: Friday 03 November 17 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  :) I have recently received a number of photographs from a family member, among them is this one, I have absolutely no idea who he is  ::)

He could possibly be a member of the Sisson or Hebden family but I have no idea at all, is it possible for someone to give a date please, the back is plain and the photograph measures 2inches x 1and 3/4 inches and looks to have been cut out of an album.

Many thanks in anticipation of your time and kind replies and as always, my very best regards.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Could I have a date for this photograph please?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 November 17 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank  :)

I think this would be 1890s- very early 1900s . I have a family photo where the brothers (my great uncles) are all wearing ties like that and full moustaches without beards, which dates from 1902.  Jim is better with male attire and fashion.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 November 17 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget, hope you're well  :)

Thanks for the reply, don't you just hate it when you get photographs with nothing written on the back  ::)

You are so right with your comment regarding full moustaches and no beards, I just checked one of my trees and their are several men like that in the date range 1870's to the early 1900's.

Thanks again for your reply.

Frank  :)

ADDED: Do you think he has something wrong with his eye? is it a lazy / glass eye, or could it just be the way he's looking at the camera?
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 November 17 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi again ~

As you mention it, his eyes are different - either it's a glass eye on his left (our right) or the other one might  have been damaged/sight prob. Not sure  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 November 17 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget  :)

Frank.