Author Topic: FRETWELL - HELP  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FRETWELL - HELP
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 August 05 17:14 BST (UK) »
Thomas' sister would appear to be Ellen born Stuntney circa 1844 married to James Minett a railway carman born Ely - same age according to the 1871 census in Ely.

I can't find any member of the family on the 1861 census not in Cambridgeshire or anywhere else!

Regrads
Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 August 05 19:16 BST (UK) »
The 1861 census for Ely was almost entirely destroyed by flooding before it had been filmed. So unfortunately it's missing from the Ancestry records and from any Cambs issued on CDrom. Lost and gone forever!

Bringer of doom and gloom

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline rainfall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 June 11 17:18 BST (UK) »
Thomas Fretwell was my Great Grandfather his father was William Fretwell born 1813 Wretten Norfolk his father was John Fretwell also Wretten married 14/04/1813 his father was Thomas again Wretten dies 1798 .  I spent a day at the Norwich record office to get back a bit further . I also have taken photographs of the church at Wretten . I have photos of Tom marrying Mabel on June 17th 1911 which was taken at The Dunstalls with all the family members present . My grandmother was a bridesmaid. . I also have other family photos . I only live just down the road from Stuntney .
Hope this is helpful

Offline KimFretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 June 11 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank you for that.  It has been so long since I've touched my family history but it would be lovely to see the photos you have.   My grandad Fretwell died a couple of years ago and I have some of his photos of the Fretwells which I can forward to you.  Can I forward my email address to you?

Thank you
Kim
Fretwell (Stuntney, Cambs), Wilding (Littleport, Cambs), Wake (Soham/Fordham, Cambs), Simpkin (Soham/Wicken, Cambs), Lindsey (norfolk/Suffolk), Kent (Cambs), Pope (Soham, Cambs), Plumb (Cambs), Tymms (suffolk), Jugg (Cambs), Diver (Soham, Cambs), Harris (Burton on Trent).

Offline rainfall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 June 11 18:56 BST (UK) »
Yes , please send me your email . I am not that technically minded so I am not sure if I can forward the photos by email !! I`ll try but if not I will send copies by `snail mail`!!!

Carol

Offline KimFretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 June 11 19:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Send to *    

If I doesn't work I'll let you have my address.

:)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Fretwell (Stuntney, Cambs), Wilding (Littleport, Cambs), Wake (Soham/Fordham, Cambs), Simpkin (Soham/Wicken, Cambs), Lindsey (norfolk/Suffolk), Kent (Cambs), Pope (Soham, Cambs), Plumb (Cambs), Tymms (suffolk), Jugg (Cambs), Diver (Soham, Cambs), Harris (Burton on Trent).

Offline vernon fretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 12:29 BST (UK) »
 :)Kim, I have some family information which may help you with your family tree
work. My aunt was Minnie who married Jack Fretwell and lived at Ben's Farm Stuntney.
Minnie was sister to my father Arthur Fretwell. Let me know. I am in Ely often.
 Vernon Fretwell

Offline KimFretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Vernon
Thanks for your post.  It would be lovely to hear from you again.  Minnie was my great grandmother, her son - John - my granddad.  His son, my dad, is also John and lives in Soham.
Look forward to hearing from you
Kim

Offline vernon fretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Kim, Thanks for your reply. By now you may have all you need for building your family tree
but if not I can send you what I have about the Fretwell family relating to your great nan Minnie
(my aunt) I will be in Ely tomorrow (Thurs) and could meet up if you like and then hand you
a copy. Alternatively I can e.mail it to you.
Of course I knew your grand father very well but probably only met your father once or twice
at Ely City football. Let me know if you can meet or if you want me to send it to you.
Cheers Vernon F