Author Topic: Overseas Marriage  (Read 807 times)

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Overseas Marriage
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 November 17 09:22 GMT (UK) »
If you are unable to find marriage details, but still want to find Ilse's maiden name, it should be on her death certificate, along with her place of birth - although of course these will only be correct if known to the informant.  Also, her will might offer  clues. (In case you don't know,  you can search for and buy a copy of the will from here: https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills )
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline grahamila

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Overseas Marriage
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 December 17 19:16 GMT (UK) »
I have found out that Percy Jones married in Tanzania in 1940 and I made contact with the Tanzanian equivalent of the GRO who told me how to obtain a copy of a certificate.  I have contacted them several times as I need further details of their bank account so I can make a payment electronically but silence has been the reply.  I know it is a very long shot but does anyone have a contact there who might be able to help?
Graham

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.