Author Topic: Is this the same woman? Elizabeth Tracey with Daughter Frannie Caskie  (Read 1138 times)

Offline gowjani

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is this the same woman? Elizabeth Tracey with Daughter Frannie Caskie
« on: Friday 03 November 17 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Could this be pictures of the same woman taken years apart?  She is the older of the two ladies in one of the pictures & on her own in the other. Many thanks, Graham.
Caskie / Caskey in Ireland
Allan in Ayrshire , Scotland
Gowans in Fife , Scotland
Ross in Morayshire , Scotland

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same woman? Elizabeth Tracey with Daughter Frannie Caskie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 17 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Not an expert but I doubt the lady on her own is the same as the older one of the two ladies, if anything she is the young lady at a much older ge.

Offline gowjani

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same woman? Elizabeth Tracey with Daughter Fannie Eliza Caskie
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 17 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks LizzieW, I don`t have a date for the death of Fannie. So can`t say if she lived to an old age or not. Graham.
Caskie / Caskey in Ireland
Allan in Ayrshire , Scotland
Gowans in Fife , Scotland
Ross in Morayshire , Scotland

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 17 18:21 GMT (UK) »
As I said, I'm not an expert on aging people from photos, but the lady on her own is dressed as my two grans did when 60+ and they died in 1949 and 1952.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 November 17 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Graham, I think the lady on her own is the same person as the older lady in the other picture (sorry, Lizzie).

I’ve put them side by side below.

The younger lady, to me, is not the old lady on her own. The most distinguishing feature here is the younger lady’s larger jaw. Other differences include her smaller upper lip, different hair (thicker, wavy as opposed to straight, fine, “fly-away” hair), with a part above her left eye compared to the other’s part above her right eye.

Now, justifying the other two as the same: hair, part, lips, chin, I think, are all the same in the older lady's photos. But the most distinctive feature is the small skin pouch to the left (our right) of her mouth: notice how it has become more prominent as both her face and skin thinned with age.

I think the single/double photos would have been taken 1950s/1930s respectively.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 November 17 23:02 GMT (UK) »
You put forward a very convincing argument Peter  ;D....but before I read your response I had reached the conclusion that it was highly likely that the two older ladies were the same person about 10/15 years apart.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 November 17 23:14 GMT (UK) »
I looked earlier and thought the same. Your clips show the likeness more clearly, Peter  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 November 17 23:56 GMT (UK) »
It's a yes from me too - the older of the two ladies is the same person as in the first photo.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 00:08 GMT (UK) »
I actually did a bit of field research for this one. I asked Elizabeth if she was related to Granny Clampett. Elizabeth turned to Granny and said, "You shoot 'm, I'll skin 'm!"
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.