Author Topic: Alexander George Adam born 9th February 1908 Scotland  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander George Adam born 9th February 1908 Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 01:34 GMT (UK) »
Follow up to my last message.  I misread the entry where it mentions Alexander and Margaret.  I have checked on Scotlands People and there is only one marriage that would fit.  They married in Aberdeen. 1935 would fit with their first son being born 1937.

Hi SK,

Can you please post references in your replies to save scrolling etc. so we know where we are?

Is this the marriage you refer to?...

ADAM ALEXANDER GEORG
SMITH MARGARET BENNET
168/2 322
Aberdeen Southern District

"I have checked on Scotlands People and there is only one marriage that would fit.  They married in Aberdeen. 1935 would fit with their first son being born 1937."

Have you confirmed this?

Given the discrepancy of names for Margaret how can you be sure?

I was born in a different County from where I now live but was married in a different COUNTRY!

My father was born in a different County from the County where he married too & many miles from where he was born as was my mother who married my father in a different COUNTRY from where she was born...this needs verification especially with the name(s) situation at the moment in my own view?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander George Adam born 9th February 1908 Scotland
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 03:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Betty,

I have sent you a PM with information on the son,

Cheers Janette

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander George Adam born 9th February 1908 Scotland COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all who spent time on my behalf. Very much appreciated.

I emailed the funeral home yesterday and they were very kind and sent me all the information I required to confirm that I had been following the correct people.

I am now closing dowb my enquiry.

Thanks
Betty

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander George Adam born 9th February 1908 Scotland COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »
I am researching an Alexander George Adam and his family. Alexander, wife and children emigrated to New Zealand from Scotland in 1957.

I have found on Find a Grave a burial in Purewa Cemetery, Meadowbank, Aukland.  There is an Alexander with wife Margaret being buried in 1966, both the same date but there is no date of death for Margaret.  Alexander died on 5th November 1966. I thought perhaps Margaret had died earlier and had been cremated but there is no mention of ashes.

So far I am not sure if this is my Alexander.  I wondered if anyone could access a  death notice in a newspaper or if there is any way of confirming birth date of Alexander as being 9th February 1908.

Any help with confirming that I have the correct people would be much appreciated.
Betty