Author Topic: Joseph McFadyen  (Read 1393 times)

Offline NicPhaidein

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph McFadyen
« on: Sunday 05 November 17 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Joseph McFadyen was listed as witness in the Glasgow Barony register for the birth of his nephew James on 1 July 1807. Joseph could be the brother (or father?) of my great great Greatgrandfather John McFadyen, a weaver in Calton, who is still proving elusive as I cannot find anything about him in the records apart from his marriage to Jean Renfrew in September 1806 in Paisley High Church. Is anyone looking for Joseph McFadyen?

Offline clanmc61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph McFadyen
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi NicPhaiden,

You've contacted me a while ago regarding my John McFadyen, have you got the OPR for the marriage of John and Jean Renfrew? Do you have his age when he got married?

Regards,
Phil McFadyen

Offline NicPhaidein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph McFadyen
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 January 18 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Phil, sorry for delay in replying. Here's what I have from OPR Marriages Paisley High Church: John McFadyen in Barony Parish of Glasgow and Jean Renfrew in this Parish (06/09/1806).

Then for 28/05/1782, OPR Kilninver and Kilmelfort, baptisms: Donald MacFadyen Dyer at (I cannot make out the name, starts with a C and ends with aoil) and Janet McLachlan his spouse, their twins was called - his son John, his daughter Elizabeth.

This is the only John McFadyen I could find in a search from 1770-1785.