Author Topic: My Adopted father passed 2016 telling me to apply for my care records!  (Read 815 times)

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
My Adopted father passed 2016 telling me to apply for my care records!
« on: Monday 06 November 17 11:44 GMT (UK) »
MyAdopted father tells me I have the rights to know my Bio father for my health reasons - to apply for care records but 2 years are missing - the Guy mentioned on my original BC is 100% not my Bio father - Mum was 3 months pregnant when she got with this guy - Mum has given consent for her records but will this have my missing info in ? Feel so lost
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: My Adopted father passed 2016 telling me to apply for my care records!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 17 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julz,

You have posted this in the wrong section, I am sure the you already have other topics on the same topic on RootsChat did they not answer your questions ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Just get your records, your adopted father obviously wanted you to see them and your mother is happy too.  All records are different, some give the birth father, some don't, you won't know what your records say until you have them in your hands.

Online groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:13 GMT (UK) »
the Guy mentioned on my original BC is 100% not my Bio father - Mum was 3 months pregnant when she got with this guy

If he is down as your father on your BC, that must be what your mother told the registrar, even though she knew it wasn't true. Unless your mother has since told you the name of your biological father I'm not sure how you can trace him. His name won't be in your records either unless your mother told the authorities. If your mother has given consent, can't you ask her whether or not she told them?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:45 GMT (UK) »
the Guy mentioned on my original BC is 100% not my Bio father - Mum was 3 months pregnant when she got with this guy

If he is down as your father on your BC, that must be what your mother told the registrar, even though she knew it wasn't true. Unless your mother has since told you the name of your biological father I'm not sure how you can trace him. His name won't be in your records either unless your mother told the authorities. If your mother has given consent, can't you ask her whether or not she told them?
Yes she even give the registers office her name as married to the guy.
But suppose you could say anything back then..
Mum has up to date gave me 3 different names  to be honest donít think I will ever get the truth as when my adopted father married my mum. He then went to SS to get her children back but 1 was adopted another because of different district back then they were struggling to find - so me being fresh in the system he was able to get me and straight away applied for adoption naming my mum as jointly adopting me.
So my care records go from then basically xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:56 GMT (UK) »
the Guy mentioned on my original BC is 100% not my Bio father - Mum was 3 months pregnant when she got with this guy - Mum has given consent for her records but will this have my missing info in ?

I think as you have 3 'potentials' of being your father there is little to no chance of knowing apart from DNA & hoping to find a close match in this era?

As your mother has told you, your father could be 1 of 3 the records whether they give names or not is not going to help as she obviously isn't sure?

I wouldn't like to be in your shoes  :(

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julz,

You have posted this in the wrong section, I am sure the you already have other topics on the same topic on RootsChat did they not answer your questions ?

Regards

Sarah
Hi Sarah
I couldnt see the post sorry even though I know by dates and mums whereabouts at the time also by my adopted father telling me that me & my sister have the same father - which everyone says the same I need to know fully in my heart on mums file what she named her father has - as she got full access in Jan 2013  and looking at some makeshift paper she gave me dating 1989 it looks like sheís tried to throw me off as they donít match with dates I got from Data protection.. so will have to wait until I get a reply from them as consent form etc has been done ✅ itís just awaiting game really - then probably a dead end 😔 knowing my luck xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 November 17 13:12 GMT (UK) »
the Guy mentioned on my original BC is 100% not my Bio father - Mum was 3 months pregnant when she got with this guy - Mum has given consent for her records but will this have my missing info in ?

I think as you have 3 'potentials' of being your father there is little to no chance of knowing apart from DNA & hoping to find a close match in this era?

As your mother has told you, your father could be 1 of 3 the records whether they give names or not is not going to help as she obviously isn't sure?

I wouldn't like to be in your shoes  :(

Annie
Hi Annie
God love her but heartbreaking to read was my care records - I donít judge Mum as she still gave birth to me. Iv even told & shown mum my Records & told her I forgive her which I truly do.
But just need to know as she knows how poorly Iv been for the past 5 years now.
Iv even said it doesnít matter what she has to tell me I promise I will never! treat her or think of her differently.. but I know she knows who it is - but Mum seems to have an illness of ďnotĒ telling the truth and then says to me the guy on my BC has to be my father as
I Quote - she was pregnant with me when she got with him😳 so what are the chances of me ever knowing!
Xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 November 17 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Related post...

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=777153.msg6309319#msg6309319

Hi Julz,

Sorry if you thought I was 'judging' your mother which is not the case at all.

I was being frank with info. you have supplied regarding what your mother herself has told you.

If your mother isn't sure then how can you or anyone else be sure?

Could/think/might is different from 'is'

I also hope you do eventually find out as I wouldn't like not knowing who my father was.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"