Author Topic: Dying Alnwick, Burial Corbridge 1700s/1800s  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dying Alnwick, Burial Corbridge 1700s/1800s
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 November 17 20:36 GMT (UK) »
That was a good thing to do and encouraging to such get a quick response that showed they are taking it seriously.  Jo

I am very, very grateful to the LDS for their generosity in sharing their amazing mass of work with non church members such as myself. Least I can do is tell them if I find a problem.

Boo

Offline LordVader

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 August 18 01:10 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am also keen to confirm if this Alnwick/Corbridge burial is in error.

My ancestors were regulars at St John Lee tracing back to a James Matthewson (later Maddison) who lived at Coat Houses in Anick and married in 1702 at Halton church. His first son was Andrew which made me speculate his father could also be an Andrew. The burials at Corbridge could well explain his presence in the area, but I cannot understand why they would travel so far, so assume there must be an error.

The only other Matthewsons/Maddisons I have found in the area around that time or before frequented the Bywell and Ovingham parishes.

Regards,

Jared

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 August 18 07:26 BST (UK) »
Alnwick is a town in the north of the county and not to be confused with Anick which is a village situated between Hexham and Corbridge.  From the other places  you mention I would think they were well placed to be buried at Corbridge.

Christine