Author Topic: Hartington History Ancestry Group  (Read 6797 times)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hartington History Ancestry Group
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 November 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hey buck up..the hours I've spent being what i thought was really clever and finding all sorts of spectacular things..only to be told "oh yes..we know all that.."  I actually wrote to a guy in Japan this morning..who has JOHN OLIVERS Tree..but without all the parents and the brilliant (!) findings of the six illegitimate chidren..so I offered the info to add to his tree..and he wrote back and said...."Oh yes I'm already aware of all that..i left it out on purpose.............etc.
I do sympathise with you.
I notice there is a newsagent AJ & S Peach inn the village.......I suppose they are the same Peaches as in my Records??
Take care
Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 November 17 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh i know what you mean i've spent all day trying to confirm the records from the information you've given me and i'm like well that's fine but why do the same person 2 times. Apparently the Oliver's have been done along with another name i'm not sure off as they haven't given me it yet, However Marie Litton they didn't know about her so i got one up on that cause,  ;D. Im not sure if the Peach's at the newsagents are the same as you have in your tree but Sue Peach is who runs it along with her husband but can't tell you his name.

what's the point in doing a tree without the parents i'ts totally crazy. Thats a fair way Japan but then again on my dad's side of the tree they are worldwide Australia etc.

Thanks again

Donna
Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

From, Cumberland (Cumbria), Derbyshire, Rostrevor, Kilkee, USA, Australia,

Offline Holly Berry

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 13 April 18 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I don't know if I can help...but I've done a lot of research on my family connections in the Hartington area I have info on Bassetts, Ratcliffe, Pichot-Fidlers, Bonsalls, Greens also info on some of the properties Wolvescote Grange, Biggin Hall etc and have amassed lots of documents, certificates, wills........please let me know if it may be of interest?

Holly Berry.

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 14 April 18 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Holly that would be fantastic any help is much appreciated

"Hi there, I don't know if I can help...but I've done a lot of research on my family connections in the Hartington area I have info on Bassetts, Ratcliffe, Pichot-Fidlers, Bonsalls, Greens also info on some of the properties Wolvescote Grange, Biggin Hall etc and have amassed lots of documents, certificates, wills........please let me know if it may be of interest?"

These are some of the names we are re-searching

Donna Young

Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

Offline AbbottColtsfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 August 18 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi - I'm trying to find out if anyone has a copy of "Hartington ,. A landscape history from the earliest times to 1800 by Ron Weston 2000 ISBN 090346358X".  In the period 1800-1870 my Great x3 (Thomas Abbott) and x4 (Luke Abbott) grandparents farmed at Cotesfield Farm in Hartington (which I I understand was farmed as tenants for the Chatsworth Estate).  Apparently, this book has a history of Cotesfield from the early medieval period on pp93-95.  Any other information that anyone might have on the Abbotts at that period would be appreciated as well.  I've got the census returns and some details of marriages, but suspect that more detailed records will be at Chatsworth house.

Cheers

Matthew

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 07:21 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of book in question Matthew, would you like me to send or copy out a little of it. I was very lucky to get the book of a selling site. Donna

Offline AbbottColtsfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 19 August 18 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the reply.  Is it at all possible to scan the pages I'm interested in, and attach them to this site?

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 19 August 18 10:35 BST (UK) »
I shall give it a try. I shall try and attatch them below

Offline Mark Ashmore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 24 August 18 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can anyone help?
I have been going through family photos and came across attached photo but no notes attached.
 I know my family spent a lot of the summers between the two World Wars in the Peak District though mainly around Taxall Tideswell and Millers Dale
My question is the photo of the Waterloo Inn in Hartington or do I need to keep looking?
I know there was a Joseph Sutton living in the village in 1939 but his occupation was listed as a Grocer