Author Topic: my Mom at Christmas past  (Read 464 times)

Offline maltesemom42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: my Mom at Christmas past
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 November 17 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Loord74, the response to this request is really overwhelmingling!  Peter, thank your wife for that observation.  This pic is going in a book of poems for her great granddaughter.  The first poem was read to her as a child, 2 porcelain dolls mocking a rag doll! Makes the pic even more apropos.   Best...Lisa

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 November 17 15:43 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure, Lisa. By the way, welcome to Rootschat!
I wasn't quite sure what that was up the back on your mum's right, so I showed my wife and she took one look at it and said it's a porcelain doll lying on its back on a box. I hope it brings back memories for you.
Cheers, Peter.

It looks like she also got a matching set of rocket propelled grenade launchers.
Como le dijo el mosquito a la rana, "Mas vale morir en el vino que vivir en el agua"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline maltesemom42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hahaha...such a different time. Guns and cigarettes!!! There should have been a martini glass to complete the memory.  Thanks again. The book was such a hit.   Best...Lisa