Author Topic: Henry MC FARLAND  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Arnaud Gabet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry MC FARLAND
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have received the certificate of marriage of Henry Mac FARLAND and Anne Mc MULLEN, on 18th october 1853 at Aughnamullen.
I have got several questions
1) The husband is "pensionnar" (from the Army ?)at Aughnamullen. So, i suppose he is old (perhaps widower ? He is declared Bachelor in the certificate ?). He is the son of Henry Mc Farland, pensionner. It is curious because at the birth of his son Robert Henry Mcfarlane on 15 Jan 1859 at Portsmouth, Henry is Corporal of B--d 4th Royal Ler? In all the other certificates between 1866 and 1872, he was pensionnar too.

2) The bride was Anne Mc MULLEN from Aughnamullen, widow, daughter of Robert Mc MULLEN. I suppose  it's Anne Mc MULLEN, daughter of Robert, born in 1819, married first to Samuel Mc COY (Kinkinnolay), on 16th july 1849.

Thank you to confirm me these informations.

Offline Arnaud Gabet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 November 17 11:36 GMT (UK) »
I am enable to find in the English census of 1861 Henry Mac Farland and his wife Ann Mac Mullen who had two children at this period : Jane (1855 Berwick upon Tweed) and Robert Henry (1859 Portsmouth). Is anyone can help me ? Please.

Offline Arnaud Gabet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 July 19 18:19 BST (UK) »
can we find an henry mac farland at aughnamullen about 1825 . Because at his wedding atr Aughnamullen in 1853, i can read from aughnamullen and son of henry ? Thank you for advance