Author Topic: Tobias and Geo Hunter and Navy Officer in Shanghai 1930s  (Read 660 times)

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Tobias and Geo Hunter and Navy Officer in Shanghai 1930s
« on: Friday 10 November 17 03:09 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to identify the Naval officer in this photo. I think it was taken in the mid 1930s and was in Shanghai, probably along The Bund. My GF Tobias Hunter is on the left and his brother George is in the middle. The naval officer could be one of George Hunter's sons who were born in 1913. I thought maybe I should post under an Asia section but then figured maybe under the photo section might be better. Moderator, please move if it is better suited elsewhere.
I realize that getting bites on that part of the world and so long ago is a stretch, but I hope someone may be able to recognize the building. It looks like a Drug Store sign in the alcove.
Thanks to all,
Brian
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tobias and Geo Hunter and Navy Officer in Shanghai 1930s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 November 17 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Has this been posted before?...I'm sure I have seen this one in the not too distant past.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 November 17 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Has this been posted before?...I'm sure I have seen this one in the not too distant past.
Carol

I remember seeing it also  ;) From April this year-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=770077.msg6226649#msg6226649
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 November 17 16:11 GMT (UK) »
So sorry, please just remove it. I have so many things on the go, I sometimes forget. Very sorry.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 November 17 16:22 GMT (UK) »
No need to apologise, you didn't get an answer the first time so maybe you will have better luck this time. I remembered seeing it before.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 November 17 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your understanding. I guess I've been searching so frantically in the recent months and I've had the most amazing results on Rootschat. My leads are so very dried up, that I keep going back over batches of photos in the hope that I'll notice some missed small detail. In so doing, I guess I sometimes post twice. I will be more careful.
I never want to waste anyone's time nor do I wish to abuse the privilege of being able to post on Rootschat.
Thanks again.
Brian