Author Topic: FREDERICK AUGUSTUS FRASER men, I can not find! Help!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FREDERICK AUGUSTUS FRASER men, I can not find! Help!
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 November 17 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Think this is the 1911 for Alfred W Bayliss/Fraser

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01l1f/

Added:
Also think Mary J B Beard is this birth:
Births December quarter 1891 
Mary Jane Bethell        Cannock    6b   469

Offline MissJulie76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 November 17 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Many thanks for the replies!  Appreciate it so much!
Having a manic weekend, so will read properly in due course and then reply!
Thanks again everyone!  Hope you are all having a good weekend.
MissJulie xx

Offline MissJulie76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your efforts.

I was new (the day I posted) to RootsChat, and I am sorry if I am not negotiating this correctly.

I did omit some information for you, and I can only apologise for that! Please forgive me!

Thank you to CHEMPAT, AMBLY and GLENCLARE for your replies, I reply to you all now -

Chempat - yes, I did know that Flora re-married, to Robert Montgomery, so sorry!  I have their marriage as 1896, not 1894.  So yes, FAF Jnr deceased by then, I presume, if the information on the marriage cert of Flora and Robert is correct (that Flora is a widow).

He is definitely not the Staffordshire/Cannock man. No links to there at all.  So no wife Fanny.

I have Flora Cross' birth and death certificates, and Fred and Flora's marriage cert and Flora and Robert's marriage cert too.

I don't have Frederick in 1891...yet.

Ambly - I have found William Cross Fraser in 1901 with his Cross grandparents at Upper Kessock Street, Inverness, thank you! :)

Have been doing some more digging, and I think I have been looking at the wrong Simon/Symon Fraser (who married Mary Usher), so have deleted the limited information I had on ancestry.com and am starting over!

All I know is that Symon/Simon Fraser was a Chelsea Pensioner drummer

He married Mary Usher, born C1775 in Ireland - I have no birth cert for her and no marriage cert for her and Simon.

Our local Archives (Inverness) did a basic tree for another family member, which they gave me, and on it it only has limited information.  I am trying to add flesh to the bones, so to speak.
On this basic tree, it states that Mary Usher died 12/4/1869 Craigdhu, Kilmorack, Inverness - but I need to verify this still.

Frederick Augustus Fraser Senior Born C 1822 - 1825 (per 1851 and 1861 census records), born in Campbelton/Ardersier, Inverness-Shire.
He died 3/7/1866, Dundee, aged 44.
He married Catherine Falconer Aug 1841 in Abbotshall (Banns dated 15th, 22nd, 29th Aug)
She was born 13/3/1821 (need to check location) and died 18/7/1866, Dundee.
They had
Frederick Augustus Fraser Junior
Born C1850 - according to the 1851 census he was 7 months old)
We are presuming he died prior to 1896 (when his wife Flora Cross re-married (Robert Montgomory)
Frederick and Flora Cross were married 13/8/1886 Inverness.
Flora Cross born 3/10/1865, Inverness and  died 5/8/1929, Govan.

Frederick and Flora had William Cross Fraser
Born 29/6/1887 Inverness and died 4/4/1961 Invergordon
This William married Margaret Patience on 11/6/1909, Inverness.
Margaret born 30/10/1881, Avoch and died 11/1/1963, Invergordon.

William and Margaret had William Cross Fraser
Born 6/12/1909, Inverness and died 25/9/1975, Invergordon.
He married Annie Ross on 2/9/1939, Avoch.
Annie born 6/10/1916, Avoch and died 20/3/1981, Inverness - Annie and William were my grandparents.

I won't go on further to more recent stuff - unless anyone wishes me to!

So sorry for the basic errors guys.

Really appreciate your help!

Many thanks again,

MissJulie

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 06:58 GMT (UK) »
You have put:

'Chempat - yes, I did know that Flora re-married, to Robert Montgomery, so sorry!  I have their marriage as 1896, not 1894.  So yes, FAF Jnr deceased by then, I presume, if the information on the marriage cert of Flora and Robert is correct (that Flora is a widow).

He is definitely not the Staffordshire/Cannock man. No links to there at all.  So no wife Fanny.'

I thought we were proposing that he had done a runner, abandoning wife and child and married (bigamously) in Staffordshire.  There is no other birth to easily explain that 1934 death, and he does not appear to be on English censuses before 1891.  The censuses with Fanny say he is from Scotland.
Flora either knowingly lied when she said she was a widow, or truly believed he had died somewhere - but there is no obvious death, is there?

So I would propose getting his marriage certificate to Fanny, which would not necessarily prove anything, but could be very informative if it gives the correct father etc.

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have been following this thread with interest.

I think it would be useful to provide a link to the thread about Alice Fraser on the Angus board ( if I knew how to do it I would do it myself!).

Having contributed to the previous thread I would not be too quick to dismiss the Staffordshire Frederick. Is it pure coincidence that he names his father as Frederick and a watchmaker on the marriage cert to Fanny?

Also  worth looking at the army service record for Frederick Fraser - his record was not  without blemish. If the same man he was already married when he married Flora (no record found of first wife's death).

Do you have the marriage cert. for Frederick and Flora? What information does  it give re Frederick ?

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Link to thread mentioned by Millmoor, hope it is relevant:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=770210.0

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Chempat. For the relevant bit see page 5!

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline MissJulie76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone!

WOW!  Thank you all!

I have had a quick look at that link, thank you Chempat and William! :). Brilliant stuff!

I spent today at the Archives and managed to do quite a lot.

You wonderful guys are right about Stafford!  On one of Frederick's daughter's birth certificates, it lists him as being in the army in Staffordshire!!!!!  It is easy seeing that you guys have been at this a long time, and know what you are doing!

I shall post the information later on about what I found today, just thought I would hop on very quickly in between doing things to let you all know that you were right - of course!

THANK YOU!!!

Will be back later, or tomorrow!

MJ x

Offline MissJulie76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Me again!

So, got lots of relevant information today, the bits relevant to previous messages are -

1891 Census for William Cross Fraser, aged 3, he is with his grandparents Donald and Catherine Cross, and lots of other family members, at Upper Kessock Street, Inverness, but his parents Frederick Augustus Fraser & Flora and not listed.
1901 Census for William Cross Fraser, aged 13, he is again with the same grandparents, but only the 3 of them listed, at the same address as above, and again, no mention of his parents.
(as per someone pointed out to me - thank you!)

Elizabeth Augusta Fraser, born 1860, 57 Baron Taylor's Lane, Inverness, Father Frederick Augustus Fraser and Catherine M.S Falconer.  Just wanted to ask - it says for Frederick's profession -
"Agent for the Scottish Legal Burial & L... Society"
Am unsure what the word is before Society, It looks a bit like Liar/Lion.  Would anyone have any idea?

I found and printed off the 1855 Birth Certificate for a Charles Simon Fraser, son of Frederick Augustus Fraser and Catherine Falconer.
I haven't viewed one of these before!  WOW!  Impressive!
He was born, St Nicholas, Aberdeen.
Catherine's 7th child.
1 boy and 3 girls living
and 1 boy and 1 girl dead.

Then I found that Charles' death cert in 1882, which is rather hard to read, but he was some sort of Railway worker, and I think died at work due to "severe injuries to back and abdomen".
It is on this death cert that it lists the informant -
F.A Fraser, brother, ......  ........ North Stafford Regiment ........ .......... (can't read it all) - but it looks as though you wonderful folks are spot on!!!

Further deciphering and digging around to do!

Many thanks everyone!

Must sit and read this 'post'  (if that is the correct word), right from the start, to thoroughly take in what you are all suggesting/explaining etc and take notes, so I can investigate further!

Keep the thoughts coming! :)

Thank you!

MJ x