Author Topic: William Griffiths family of Ruabon, 1911  (Read 1206 times)

Offline TNGeneWhiz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Griffiths family of Ruabon, 1911
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Do either of you have the 1939 Register access from FindMyPast?  I wonder if William and Mary Griffiths were still living in Ponkey or vicinity.

Just dabbling, I found an Oswald Griffiths who played football for union and league teams in the 1930's.  I can't find much on-line, but I wondered if he might be the Oswald from this family.

Oswald seems to have been a forename in use in the area around Ruabon in the 19th Century.  I thought it might be uncommon.

The search continues!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Griffiths family of Ruabon, 1911
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 08:20 GMT (UK) »
We're not allowed to give info from the 1939 register on this forum (also against FindMyPast copyright) but you would be able to get some information about the family for free:

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-records/1939-register
district.
I suggest you look for Oswald first . Use Wrexham R.D. as District/Borough.

Also, see my replies #10 and #12 above.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.