Author Topic: John Evan's  (Read 3229 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Evan's
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 December 17 13:45 GMT (UK) »
It's OK I am just glad of your help this family are driving me mad.

I think I have found the link then something crops up and it's the wrong branch.

Do you know whether St John's Old Haymarket Liverpool as a grave list to see if John and Isabella are in the same grave and whether there is anyone else in it?

Thanks for all your input it is much appreciated.

Eileen

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Evan's
« Reply #28 on: Friday 29 December 17 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello All

Before I close this would just like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and thank you for all your help.

I have now found with the help of Rootschat that John Evans was born in Holywell and although a shoemaker by trade he signed up with the 55th foot in 1807. He moved about a lot and he met his wife Isabella Skelton who was born in Brampton Cumberland.  She married him in London in 1813 and they had a son John who was born 1815 in London (according to 1851 census) but the regiment  moved to Brighton and he was baptised there.  The couple then had another two children baptised in St Helier Jersey Margaret in 1817 and Jane in 1818.  My great great grandmother Elizabeth Evans (not found her baptism but on the 1841 census recorded born in Ireland) and she was as her father was in Ireland at the time of her birth circa 1821.

He left the army after 14 years and some days in August 1821 and the regiment left Ireland for Liverpool in October 1821 before going on to South Africa.  John however remained in Liverpool and went back to his profession of shoemaker living in Circus Street.  The couple had 5 more children and John died in 1833 and was buried at St John's Liverpool.  Isabella was on the 1841 census but died and was reunited with her husband at St John's Liverpool in 1848.

So here is the story of my Evans of this history who were the first generation to live in Liverpool.

Too Lancsann I don't know whether our Forshaw's tie up yet as I haven't found Robert 1819's parents marriage but named as James and Elizabeth Forshaw.  James was born circa 1789 according to his demise and he was a Blacksmith but all the Liverpool James's are all accounted for and are not mine.

Just thought I would fill in the gaps and once again thank you all for your help

Eileen  :) :)