Author Topic: MCDOUGALL, children  (Read 905 times)

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MCDOUGALL, children
« on: Monday 13 November 17 09:57 GMT (UK) »
According to census 1911 from SP Robert McDougall 39 , Wife Margaret 30, and children as follows
Robert age 8
Alexander age 4
Ann age 2
Mary age 8months

The street address i cant make out but the family were in Hutchesontown, Lanark,
which is consistent with the boys birth cert extracts and also his wifes death in 1914
Margaret M.S Blair parents John Blair and Mary Ann (McMinn?) who were both deceased in 1914  and Mary Ann prior to the couples marriage in 1901

I have been unable to locate the children atall after their mothers death

Robert re married in 1918 to Margaret Campbell (widow) M.S Cousin
 They went on to have another 2 possibly 3 kids aswell as her having 3 from her first marriage to Alexander Campbell inn 1907 he died aged 34 in 1916

Robert McDougall (1871) died in 1922 aged 50 
Margaret (Cousin) died 1961 her son Alexander Campbell registered the death

any suggestions regarding the children first mentioned would be appreciated as am at a brickwall

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read :D ??? ???
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: MCDOUGALL, children
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 November 17 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on SP for marriages for the girls and deaths under their married names?

Same website to look for deaths for the boys

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search-our-records

Did the children have any middle names?

SP free index has a 70yr old Robert McDougall death in 1973 in Glasgow and 2 Alexanders aged 55 died 1961 and 1962
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 November 17 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on SP for marriages for the girls and deaths under their married names?

Same website to look for deaths for the boys

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search-our-records

Did the children have any middle names?

SP free index has a 70yr old Robert McDougall death in 1973 in Glasgow and 2 Alexanders aged 55 died 1961 and 1962
Hi thanks for  reply, only Ann had a middle name Kinnell which is on the extract from SP
neither are showing when i search marriage or deaths

the Robert could possibly be the right one but without purchasing a copy no way of knowing so maybe need to consider this in future, Will go back to SP just now and look at the Alexanders mention thanks
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 November 17 20:17 GMT (UK) »
From SP free index - deaths

1913 ANNIE KINNELL MCDOUGALL aged 4  644/1 366  Bridgeton

1912 MARY MCDOUGALL aged 1 644/1 265 Bridgeton

A possibility for Alexander

1949 ALEXANDER MCDOUGALL aged 44 644/2 440  Bridgeton
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 00:59 GMT (UK) »
From SP free index - deaths

1913 ANNIE KINNELL MCDOUGALL aged 4  644/1 366  Bridgeton

1912 MARY MCDOUGALL aged 1 644/1 265 Bridgeton

A possibility for Alexander

1949 ALEXANDER MCDOUGALL aged 44 644/2 440  Bridgeton

Carol Thank you so very much i now have the extracts from both entries .....how sad so much death in one family within a short period ...
The one for Alexander i had checked today and it isnt him

Margaret Campbell nee Cousin who went on to be Maggie Mcdougall to my knowledge Had 3 sons with Robert Mcdougall
John MCDOUGALL b 02 Jun 1919 (my granda)
Robert MCDOUGALL b1922 ?? (uncle bobby) 
Allan Cousin MCDOUGALL  b Nov 1920  moved to Cheshire and married  & Died there

Maggie from her marriage to Alexander Campbell had 3 children
Alexander Campbell, b 26 feb 1908 (uncle Alex) lived til 92 yrs old 
His sister Agnes Smith Campbell b  02 January 1911(Aunty Nanna) lived until 1983
Mary Walker Campbell b 07 feb 1912  never heard of until now.

There is the chance Robert McDougall mentioned earlier who died in 1973 aged 70 and (uncle bobby) who i never met but heard tales of (i was b in 1978) are the same person ! infact most likely is seeing as R McDougall senior died in 1922 aswell?

Any thoughts sorry this has all kinda blew me away :O

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 01:29 GMT (UK) »
I find it odd that there were 2 sons called Robert - one to each of the marriages.  It suggests to me that the Robert born approx 1902 may have died between 1911 - 1922

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 01:36 GMT (UK) »
To help with deciding on Carole's find with the 1973 death of Robert which is registered at Martha Street...

Martha Street (RD) is only 10 mins away from Bridgeton (RD) i.e. a very good chance.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 14:56 GMT (UK) »
To help with deciding on Carole's find with the 1973 death of Robert which is registered at Martha Street...

Martha Street (RD) is only 10 mins away from Bridgeton (RD) i.e. a very good chance.

Annie

Not entirely sure when the other registry  offices in Glasgow closed but by the time i can recall and certainly my sisters being born Martha street was the only RD being used for all of glasgow until the place at park circus opened .

Thanks for your advice