Author Topic: How do you verify if you are connected to nobility?  (Read 612 times)

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do you verify if you are connected to nobility?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 18:27 GMT (UK) »
William Plymsell, who witnessed your Mary's marriage, also witnessed the marriage of Elizabeth Plymsell 1823 and Sarah Plymsell 1829.  Same signature.  All marriages in Tedbury.

Thomas Plymsell got married at Tedbury in 1823. Witness was Thomas Avery. 

So these MIGHT be the Mary b.1798; Thomas b.1800; William b.1805 and Elizabeth b. 1802 baptised Crediton with parents William and Elizabeth.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: How do you verify if you are connected to nobility?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 18:55 GMT (UK) »
As posted by larkspur, William Plymsell son of Amos and Cecily, was baptised in March 1774.

William Plymsell married Elizabeth Manning at Crediton in April 1795.

These all seem to tie together nicely - but -  this William signed with a cross, so not the one who witnessed the marriages.  Also, it says on the marriage record that William was a minor.  Therefore, must have been born later than March 1774.

It's all so close, but not quite right.

It would be good to find a William Plymsell with the same signature as the marriage witnesser.  Mary's brother William also signed his marriage with a cross.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

I'm a little fish in this scene and no real expert.
BUT:...
I have stopped adding to my tree because of this precise issue. Copying info that is not corroborated by official document or even by those that are incorrect.

I have even taken down much of what I uploaded. I also contacted people with copied info that was incorrect as I was personally witness to the real information --- no answer and the details are still up there......

My limited advice is add noting without first verifying every detail and if you want to copy do so on your own computer then verify it all first.

Good luck with a noble.
Essnell