Author Topic: Trickett help find child  (Read 3734 times)

Offline suee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Trickett help find child
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 10:49 GMT (UK) »
 :)
staffordshire, plants,cottons,woodcocks,bailey,timmis
cheshire, woodcocks timmis,dale,bailey

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Right I will keep posting bits as I find them

16.12.1817 Wybunbury Joseph Trickett was 23 when he married Sarah Brooks she was 21 (bit of a porky there she was probably only 18 if later census are correct) no fathers listed as its too early in the records but the witnesses were a John and Martha Evans

Joseph and Sarah in Wybunbury in 1841 with 11 kids all listed as born in county looks like Joseph died 1848

On the 1851 they are still living in Cheshire but the one son Joseph has married to an Elizabeth who is probably a widow born Betley who is twice his age and has a daughter Sarah Thorpe born Madeley so there is quite a connection between the Trickett families and Cheshire and Madeley

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Joseph was baptised 15.6.1794 Wybunbury father Samuel no mother given

he died 10.11.1848 buried 15.11.1848 Wybunbury (buried north of Humphrey Hales gravestone if you want to find him)

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 11:45 GMT (UK) »
I know its always hard going with the surname Smith but looking at Martha she says shes born Audlem but the only baptism I can find there is 1.11.1818 parents James and Martha

There is a baptism 13.8.1815 at Wybunbury parents Thomas and Elizabeth which would fit her age better - maybe that's where the Wybunbury connection comes from between Sarah and Martha

There again it could be that the baptism hasn't been transcribed yet  ;D

Willow x

Offline suee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:05 GMT (UK) »
That looks like a day out with a packed lunch to me 😀
I really am greatful for your help , never thought I would trace a illegitimate child, what would we do without computers.
I was hoping I would find her though she maybe within the family somewhere, well hoping anyway.
I was going along the lines of maybe her younger sister was her child as you do.
As I said before Hannah was deaf from the ,age of 12 then to have had a child before marriage must have been hard.
Just been looking at Eliza her child out of wedlock, if the marriage to John McClean is correct, looks like they went on to have ,3 children.

John Alexander 1887
Donald hector    1901
Ethel may.            1905

If this is the correct one

Wonder if Eliza ever had any contact with her real mum  Hannah Trickett \ woodcock my gf grandmother.
Was very surprised when she said she had 3 children not two, surposed I will never know

Sue

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Right see if this makes sense

Looking at the ages of Thomas and Joseph I suspect that they were cousins which would make the father of Joseph - Samuel the brother of Thomas's mother Elizabeth

Proving it is the fun bit  ;D

As you say why suddenly mention 50 years later another daughter but there again that was the only census that allowed you to do that

Willow x

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Mind you in some ways it makes sense because Hannah is widowed she is filling in her details and she does have 3 children

Willow x

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:40 GMT (UK) »
If you search under Wybunbury baptisms there are loads of Tricketts I think this might be where the family originated from

You might have to start a big tree and see where they all link in to get them sorted

Willow x

Offline suee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Yes you are correct Hannah was widowed in 1911 , so it was Hannah filling it in.

Now there is a challenge sorting the trickett s out , my winter challenge.

Sue