Author Topic: Great Waldingfield - Marriages  (Read 1578 times)

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Great Waldingfield - Marriages
« on: Tuesday 14 November 17 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Would SKS please look up all marriages at Great Waldingfield on:

A) 01 Jan 1710
B) 01 Oct 1710
C) 13 Jun 1710

In particular, any or all of the following: who married whom, witnesses, parishes of origin.

A big ask and any hep would be much appreciated.

Regards
francoso

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Waldingfield - Marriages
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I can't see a marriage for 1st Jan but 13 June the marriage was between John Butcher and Mary Motte and 1st October between Thomas Gridley and Anne Thurston.

The only other couple to marry there in 1710 were John London and Ellen Firmin on 13th February

These are transcriptions only and give the basic details although back in 1710 that is probably all you would get - the name of the couple and the date.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, Emeltom. Can I ask what your source is for these records, and who transcribed them, please so that I can follow up if necessary ?
Regards
francoso

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 18:42 GMT (UK) »
To look specifically for Great Waldingfield I used dustydocs.com.au as that allows you to specify county and town. Basically you get the same information that is available on familysearch without all the gen from all the other places in the county. The marriages I gave you were the only three to come up for 1710. I haven't got a clue who the transcriber was.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Again, thanks for that Emeltom. I'll check out the dustydocs.com website, and this is basically the IGI from familysearch.org
regards
francoso

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
You won't get any witnesses on Church of England marriages before 1754.  They came in with the new format registers under the Hardwicke Marriage Act.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 November 17 04:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that info, smudwhisk. I suppose what I really need is someone to look at copies of the original parish records for Marriages on those three days.

regards
francoso