Author Topic: Connell Doherty  (Read 83 times)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connell Doherty
« on: Tuesday 14 November 17 20:41 GMT (UK) »
From yesterdays post Connell does not show up in the US records that others looked at. There is a Connell arriving at Ellis Island on the Columbia in 1906. I am wondering if he had to go home and then returned. I can only see the basics, could someone fill me in on the details of this arrival please

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs............
    • View Profile
Re: Connell Doherty
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Connell Doherty was born in 1885 Donegal - he was 21 years old, single, farmer. Going to Philadelphia. Cousin James Doherty Bryan Mount Philadelphia. Had not been in the USA previously.
Glasgow to New York - Arrived 17 April 1906 on the Columbia.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I think the location of the cousin may be Bryn Mawr - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryn_Mawr,_Pennsylvania - even though the person who wrote the passenger list seemed to have bungled the spelling.

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks shelleyesq and Sandra. Looks like a different Connell to yesterdays one.