Author Topic: Empire Services Club Egypt January 1945  (Read 1868 times)

Offline daveholbrook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Empire Services Club Egypt January 1945
« on: Wednesday 15 November 17 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Recently found the attached document among my late fathers things, can anyone throw any light at all on what it might be. Inside is a menu and on the back it appears that many, if not all, of the people attending have signed it. Many thanks in advance.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Services Club Egypt January 1945
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Services Club Egypt January 1945
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Within the General Headquarters Middle East Force the 2nd Echelon was an office reporting to the Adjutant General responsible for reports of strength returns, casualty reports, grave registrations and disposing of casualties' personal effects.  It included Chaplains, Graves, Medical & Dental, Pay, Education and Provost.
This is the annual dinner of the Chief Clerk's department within GHQ 2nd Echelon whose name may very well have been Lockey or Kilgannon, giving their names to elements of the staff whose names presumably are those you refer to on the back.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia