Author Topic: William McLeod and Janet Pollock  (Read 848 times)

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William McLeod and Janet Pollock
« on: Wednesday 15 November 17 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,

I am looking for anyone who has ancestors called William McLeod and Janet Pollock? There son William Pollock McLeod married my great great aunt Jean Donaldson Ferrier in 1931 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I am basically wondering if anyone out there has any photographs of William and Jean and their life in Canada?

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William McLeod and Janet Pollock
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Also I should add on William and Jean's marriage certificate, he is recorded as being a widower, so if there are any descendants from his first marriage it would be great to hear from you!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 November 17 04:22 GMT (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 November 17 09:14 GMT (UK) »
William Mcleod and Janet Pollock were married in Galston, Ayrshire, in 1877.

Unless you have a specific reason for thinking they lived in Lanarkshire it might be worth asking for this thread to be moved to the Ayrshire forum.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 November 17 09:33 GMT (UK) »
I think I will pit the original post on the Ayrshire forum. I posted on bothe Lanarkshire and Canada forum's because William jnr. Emigrated on his own to Winnipeg in 1910 and when he enlisted in 1914 in Winnipeg his next of kin was recorded as William snr. Still residing in Glasgow. I thought if I try and work from both sides of "the pond" I might find a descendant in either both countries or one at least.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 November 17 10:47 GMT (UK) »
It isn't a good idea to put the same question on different threads. What happens is that you then get people duplicating what you already know and what other people are finding. This is annoying for people who are trying to help and confusing for you because you get snippets of paper all over the place.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.