Author Topic: WW1 Frederick Manson - Army or Navy? Confused!  (Read 289 times)

Online groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Frederick Manson - Army or Navy? Confused!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 November 17 00:43 GMT (UK) »
The man who died was also called Frederick Manson  - his records are on FindMyPast. His address was 7 Brunswick Avenue and his mother Catherine, some of his siblings are also listed. He enlisted June 18th 1915 in Hull.

Here he is in 1901

RG13; Piece: 4477; Folio: 108; Page: 20

Alexander Manson   41
Catherine Manson   35
Benjamin Manson   16
Alexander M Manson   14
Christiania H Manson   12
William Manson   10
James M Manson   8
Eliza B Manson   6
Frederick Manson   3
John M Manson   11/12

The address of this family in 1911 is 7 Brunswick Ave - so I think that is enough proof for you to send to the owner of the website to say that he has the wrong family.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7TS-XSR
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Frederick Manson - Army or Navy? Confused!
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 November 17 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Well done groom finding that.  I have been looking at the website and I have the impression that the owner would appreciate corrections.  There has been a lot of hard work put into it.
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Frederick Manson - Army or Navy? Confused! Completed with thanks!
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 November 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan & Nanna52,

Many thanks for your replies & info, much appreciated.

Jan, many thanks for that 1901 info, that's brilliant. Although the address on the website is Liverpool Street, Hull there is a secondary address listed & that is Brunswick Ave, Hull, which matches the 1901  census address for the Manson family that you have found.

Nanna52, thanks for that, that's good to know, I'll get everything together & let them know.

Just to finish things up I read the Hull Daily News article mentioned in my OP again today & the name of one of the mourners caught my eye, he being 'Stoker Manson'. Frederick in his Naval records was a Stoker 1st class at the time of his father's funeral.

I think that we can call this one completed now. My thanks to all who have assisted with this, very much appreciated indeed.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)