Author Topic: Family of Thomas smith and susannah Allen married 1790 in Harbury, Warwickshire  (Read 1096 times)

Offline 1950mg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am in Canada trying to trace my British roots and they appear to lead to this couple but appears to be a dead end. Any help appreciated

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Thomas smith and susannah Allen married 1790 in Harbury, Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 November 17 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello & welcome.
From the marriage entry it states that Susanna was from the Parish of Lighthorne.
Thomas was "of this Parish" however one only had to be residing there for 3 weeks to be described that way & with such a common name it's going to be tricky.
I can see only 1 Susanna Allen born Lighthorne:
Bapt. 24/12/1750 to George & Ann Allen.
Seems a bit old for someone marrying in 1790. Did they have Children ?
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Thomas smith and susannah Allen married 1790 in Harbury, Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 November 17 13:26 GMT (UK) »
To answer your question jim1
Familysearch has these Children to them christened Harbury;

THOMAS 1793
SARAH 1796
ELIZ 1798
WM 1800
SUSANNAH 1803
ANN 1806
JOHN 1809

FreeREG has SMITH Baptisms in Harbury 1730-1777
No Thomas there at all

Trish. :)

There was another Thomas/Susanna Smith Baptising in Warwickshire in the same time-frame.
But she was nee Capewell and they married 10 Dec 1790 Birmingham.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 November 17 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello
This is my best guess,
The Smith couple baptising their children in Harbury for the date you want is John Smith of the borough of Warwick who marruied Sarah Mumford of Harbury at Harbury 22.3.1761 by licence witnesses George Odell and Isaac Biddle

children  at Harbury
John 13th Dec 1766,Joseph 3 Dec 1769,Sarah 19 Feb 1775,Alice 25 May 1777,Ann 9.7.1780,RichaRD 9TH jULY 1780,and Mary 9th Mar 1782.

As you can see there are some gaps.
So your Thomas could well fit in there.

Unfortunately John Smith's Will of 1789 only names his  wife Sarah and son John

Ciderdrinker

Offline 1950mg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 November 17 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the replies. I show Thomas Smith, born in Harbury, marrying Susannah Allen, also born in Harbury. They were married October 18, 1790. The only child I have on record is William Smith born November 16, 1800 in Harbury. William married Catharine Cross on April 17, 1828 in Harbury. Catharine was born June 2, 1799 in Harbury to Thomas and Sarah Cross. William and Catharine had a son, Thomas Smith, born in 1828 in Harbury and he died December 20, 1886 in Northampton. My great, great grandfather was the son of Thomas and his wife Mary (Starmer)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 November 17 08:00 GMT (UK) »
deleted.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)