Author Topic: John Silvester  (Read 435 times)

Offline Zebedee_Canada

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Silvester
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 November 17 15:06 GMT (UK) »
No sooner do I say I can't find the Bastardy Record then it shows up.  Here it is

Mother's Name: Zebedee Mary, St. George's Parish, Grosvenor Square,London
Father's Name etc: John Silvester, Heathfield Park, Nr. Uckfield, Sussex servingman. Male child born at Damerham on 20 February 1824

As for the dentist reference, no idea.  I vaguely remember (about 2 decades ago) she mentioned she spoke with a researcher in England who found that out.  She is trying to find that letter so I can figure things out

I think there is a very good possibility that the baptism is correct.  I wonder if John was missing as there is no occupation listed for him  :-\

John Zebedee was born in Damerham which is in Hampshire.  His mother born in Cranborne, Dorset. Both very close to each other.

I wonder where your aunt found the information that his father John was a dentist from Sussex  ???
Paternal side: Life long one name Zebedee search.
Maternal side: Semeniuk (various spellings), Arenburg (various spellings)

In-law side: Fawcett, Fawcett-Smith, Thomas, Walker

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 November 17 15:16 GMT (UK) »

Mother's Name: Zebedee Mary, St. George's Parish, Grosvenor Square,London
Father's Name etc: John Silvester, Heathfield Park, Nr. Uckfield, Sussex servingman. Male child born at Damerham on 20 February 1824

Brilliant thank you - it gives us a bit more to go on

Link to the entry
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/4f81da9b-c20c-4859-91f3-bfeb4a173fb6
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 11:32 GMT (UK) »
There is a bit on the history of Heathfield Park here
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1000203

As John Silvester appears to have been a servant there c1833 I doubt that there will be any information on him.  Do you have a copy of the bastardy order, I wondered if any more information was given on it.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Zebedee_Canada

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Sadly there is no further information on the Order.  I will just endure the frustration and continue looking.  Thanks for the assist

There is a bit on the history of Heathfield Park here
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1000203

As John Silvester appears to have been a servant there c1833 I doubt that there will be any information on him.  Do you have a copy of the bastardy order, I wondered if any more information was given on it.
Paternal side: Life long one name Zebedee search.
Maternal side: Semeniuk (various spellings), Arenburg (various spellings)

In-law side: Fawcett, Fawcett-Smith, Thomas, Walker