Author Topic: Archibald Wilkin - Father lookup  (Read 841 times)

Offline rwilkin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Archibald Wilkin - Father lookup
« on: Saturday 18 November 17 06:36 GMT (UK) »
My direct ancestor, Archibald Wilkin was born in Antrim county (another record says Derry) in 1737. He married Ann Duncan and they migrated to America between 1767 and 1773. I have found a record that says his father was born circa 1710 or 1711. BUT, I can not find a name for his father or any other information beyond that. I am pretty sure they were Ulster Scots. I can find several of the same family names in Scotland in the 1600s but nothing verifiable that it is the same family.

Offline Mrs.MommyPerson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Wilkin - Father lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 November 21 23:32 GMT (UK) »
I to am a direct descendant of Archibald Wilkin, immigrant, thru his son Archibald II.  I believe also that they originated in Scotland.  My DNA results on ancestry.com show that I am 50% England & Northwestern Europe, 20% Scottish and 19% Irish.  I'm not sure how to go about searching the Scottish connection with any accuracy.  It is nice to know someone else is searching.  Which one of Archibald I children is in your direct line?  We are evidently related, just do not know how.  Anyway, nice to meet you. 

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Wilkin - Father lookup
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 January 22 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately rwilkin was last active on Rootschat in 2017. However, if they have still have same email address, they should receive notification of your post. Their original request likely went unanswered, as records from the timescale in question are few. Meantime, if you need further help, you could consider starting a thread on the Scottish and/or DNA boards here on Rootschat too.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .