Author Topic: Kirkburton All Hallows Burial  (Read 1949 times)

Offline smallholderitm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kirkburton All Hallows Burial
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Oh that is great.  I am lucky enough to have a book which belonged to William and Hannah in 1808 and they have used it as a "bible" to inscribe the births and some deaths of  several generations of Fittons.  I knew Hannah was the daughter of Joshua Goldthor(e) but had gone no further than that.  She was born on 28 August 1784 which would fit nicely with the baptism you gave.
The Brammald(Bramhall) families do seem to have been joined to the Goldthorpe ones and I am very grateful for the marriages you have given.  I will play around and see if I can find the connection.  It certainly explains why they were in that grave.
William seems to have done OK for himself and Hannah, as in his will he leaves her "two cottage house in Kirkburton now in the possession of Joseph Kaye and John Armitage as tenants, also those two cottage houses and crofts situate in Heymoor house Common now in the occupation of Walter Prestwich, my son Robert Fitton and myself".
My husband, who is descended from Julia Fitton (His grandmother) and is therefore the 3x gt grandson of William & Hannah, has absolutely no interest in any of his history whilst I amj shouting out Yes!!! I have found them he just goes oh good!  Or he used to as he now has dementia and has no interest in anything.

This is why I appreciate all your help so much
Many thanks once again to dobfarm and Claire.

Sincerely

smallholderitm
Brooke and Fitton in Huddersfield area of Yorkshire
Chaff(e) in Buckfastleigh in Devon
Page in Northampton and Manchester
Fall in Ripon
Wetherald in County Durham

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Kirkburton All Hallows Burial
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 18:48 GMT (UK) »
My brother is like your husband, I recently found a photo a farm labourers cottage where our mother was born, I took my brother copy of the image, he looked, said 'oh poverty' then chucked it on the kitchen worktop and virtually dragged me to see his winter plants early showing of seedlings in trays. His interest in deceased or ancestry is zilch !!! but gardening is obsessive.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth