Author Topic: John TAYLOR's marriage to Hannah possibly FRY before 1717  (Read 908 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
John TAYLOR's marriage to Hannah possibly FRY before 1717
« on: Saturday 18 November 17 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Can someone please help? I need the marriage of John Taylor who I believe married Hannah Fry in either Berkshire or Oxfordshire.

John Taylor of Longworth victualler is mentioned in a will of Hannah's step father.[Will 14th December 1717] "I give and bequeath to my Daughter in law Hannah Taylor the wife of John Taylor of Longworth"

John Hinton's wife Anne had a daughter Hannah by her earlier marriage to Richard Fry, so his daughter-in-law. John Hinton was landlord of the Hinds Head inn in Kingston Bagpuize so highly likely that Hannah would marry a victualler.

I cannot prove this relationship until I find their marriage so help would be gratefully appreciated as need to complete a story of this inn.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John TAYLOR's marriage to Hannah possibly FRY before 1717
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 November 17 20:06 GMT (UK) »
The Berkshire Marriage Index gives the following marriage by Licence

22 April 1717 at St Lawrence Church, Besselseigh
John Taylor of Longworth and Hannah Fry of Kingston Bagpuze.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: John TAYLOR's marriage to Hannah possibly FRY before 1717
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 November 17 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Emeltom,

Very many thanks, I now have all the pieces of my jigsaw. 
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.